sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
hi,

I got an invitaion in first draw of october 2018.
Then I did my medical on 22nd october 2018.
I have submitted my file and get AOR today (21st nov 2018)...
And i did payment of $2040 for me and my wife both together on today (21st nov 2018)..

Howmuch time I need to wait for PPR ?

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
hi,

I got an invitaion in first draw of october 2018.
Then I did my medical on 22nd october 2018.
I have submitted my file and get AOR today (21st nov 2018)...
And i did payment of $2040 for me and my wife both together on today (21st nov 2018)..

Howmuch time I need to wait for PPR ?
6 months

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi all, i have recived this kind of email last week, any one can tell me what they are checking and how long it will take ? and any one know where stage am i ???

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in reference to subject’s application for admission to Canada.

Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Mdfaraz

Jan 19, 2019
I submitted and got electronic AoR on December 31 2018, but there is no change in status. My medical exam was done prior to AoR. When should I expect my application to progress?

miansalmantahir

Feb 21, 2019
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Good luck! :)
Hi
45 days since AoR, and I was already asked to submit schedule A last week which I did. Now today I got an email am being asked to submit the Biometrics for myself and my spouse they gave me 30 days to respond.

My question is what stage do you think they ask for Biometrics.

Thanks in advance

miansalmantahir

Feb 21, 2019
I submitted and got electronic AoR on December 31 2018, but there is no change in status. My medical exam was done prior to AoR. When should I expect my application to progress?
I got my Aor on 12 July 2019. And got the dirst response from them on 20feb2019

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi
45 days since AoR, and I was already asked to submit schedule A last week which I did. Now today I got an email am being asked to submit the Biometrics for myself and my spouse they gave me 30 days to respond.

My question is what stage do you think they ask for Biometrics.

Thanks in advance
At any stage after Medicals Passed. Unfortunately, biometrics request can't be used to determine stage.
But congratulations, it seems you passed R10 Completeness check. That's huge.

If you've been requested for schedule A at this stage, it's probably because you missed a time period resulting in a gap.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Good luck! :)
From the day I got my AOR my Background check status is given as " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". I haven't received my MEP yet. Is this how it shows normally? I read on many forums that NA1 is the stage before MEP, but I didn't see Not Applicable on my status yet.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
From the day I got my AOR my Background check status is given as " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". I haven't received my MEP yet. Is this how it shows normally? I read on many forums that NA1 is the stage before MEP, but I didn't see Not Applicable on my status yet.
NA/IP1/IP2 etc... are just made up assumptions that those statuses mean your application is at this or that stage.
Don't follow them. Frankly I don't know how they got to those conclusions.
If those change of statuses were relevant at some point, rest assured they're not anymore, especially considering the new biometrics requirements.
Yes it's normal if that's the status you have now. Was the same for me and tons of other applicants. No worries.
It will most probably remain the same until final approval of your application.