+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stages from Aor to Ppr

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Good luck! :)
How will this sequence change if the applicant is pregnant?

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Quick question from FSW-O perspective :-

Once PPR is received - Are passports need to be sent to Canada for CoPR or done at local high commission ? If there a timeline during which passports must be sent for CoPR ?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Once PPR is received - Are passports need to be sent to Canada for CoPR or done at local high commission ? If there a timeline during which passports must be sent for CoPR ?
It’s all in the email. Good luck

Fixx

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016

Cngrats dear but wht is ur timeline???

nima-ahmadi

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
guys how long after submitting my application online , I can do biometrics . I mean when will I receive biometric instruction email

Lovekesh

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Friend,

I would need your valuable suggestion here. Couple of weeks back my application status changed to "IP1" i.e. first time BG in progress. And then yesterday, I received much awaited "Golden Email" to submit passports.
But when I check the application, then there is no change in application and status is same.

Just want to check if this happens with others as well or something unusual?

Thanks,
Lovekesh

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello Friend,

I would need your valuable suggestion here. Couple of weeks back my application status changed to "IP1" i.e. first time BG in progress. And then yesterday, I received much awaited "Golden Email" to submit passports.
But when I check the application, then there is no change in application and status is same.

Just want to check if this happens with others as well or something unusual?

Thanks,
Lovekesh
It's normal. Don't worry.

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
HI GUYS JUST GOT THE GOLDEN MAIL;):):):):)

Timeline

AOR APRIL 15
PASSED MED APRIL 21
IP1 APRIL 21
IP2 MAY 2
ADD REQUEST RPRF 5 JULY
PPR 20 JULY

PNP ONTARIO

GOD AS BEEN FAITHFUL :)

FOR THOSE STILL WAITING IT WILL SURELY COME !

Reactions: Dumsy007

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Why are you so awesome!

Reactions: zam7

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018

My details in portal is showing as ip1 but when I raised a cse to clarify something, I was told by agent that they would share it with the responsible office and they would reach out with approval or further questions..does that mean it's at LVO?

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
I'm kind of confused. I got AOR 10 weeks ago, my medicals passed really quickly and now I'm on the 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.' part. I've not had any ghost updates and I don't remember seeing 'BG NA - Not Applicable' at any time. Am i at IP2 or IP1?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I would encourage applicants to take these IP1/IP2/NA1...etc with a grain of salt.
I submitted my application and immediately got "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." which would logically mean I'm in IP1 even before passing medicals...
Maybe I'm wrong of course, but just doesn't seem to make much sense for now as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Tiffyc88 and Inabt