saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It is usually assumed that the wording of Background Checks are:

IP1: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need your information.

I am FSW-Inland applicant, AOR date is 25th January.

My profile on 6th Feb at 8.58 PM looked like this:

And my profile on 9th Feb at 8.52 PM looked like this:

The wording of BG seems like this is in the IP2 stage. But isn't it pretty unusual to jump from NA1 to IP2 within a day? Or is there any other catch?

eugene314

Jul 23, 2017

IP1: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need your information.

The wording of BG seems like this is in the IP2 stage. But isn't it pretty unusual to jump from NA1 to IP2 within a day? Or is there any other catch?
Yes, this is unusual, but this is unusually good for you, my application with upfront meds was processed after 90 days to meds passed and 6 months and 9 days since AOR to PR

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017

ip1, they are conducting your r10 still... you have to see the process as a whole, not solely by status. Ip1 and ip2 often share the same lines when an applicant needs rcmp check

dubby15

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
ip1, they are conducting your r10 still... you have to see the process as a whole, not solely by status. Ip1 and ip2 often share the same lines when an applicant needs rcmp check
Hi,
Pls what does RCMP mean or stands for. Tanx

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
after how many days of submitting the RCMP request, usually ppr comes?

jobayed

Aug 19, 2017
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Good luck! :)
Hi,
I am in ip2 since 21 march. On 23 March I found an "updated" in my profile. Got confused if it is for ppr or it is the late updated for ip2 as while moved to ip2 there was no "updated" status. It was submitted but I found the bg changed to background check in progress.
To clear this confusion, I called and the Vic agent told the bacground check is finished. does it mean, eligibility/ criminality check is done? Or there is possibility that eligibility/ criminality is yet to be completed??

I also asked which vo is processing my file? She answered, Sydney. So it is in CIO,right?

Got puzzled, should I expect ppr soon or other is few things remaining??

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
Hi,
I am in ip2 since 21 march. On 23 March I found an "updated" in my profile. Got confused if it is for ppr or it is the late updated for ip2 as while moved to ip2 there was no "updated" status. It was submitted but I found the bg changed to background check in progress.
To clear this confusion, I called and the Vic agent told the bacground check is finished. does it mean, eligibility/ criminality check is done? Or there is possibility that eligibility/ criminality is yet to be completed??

I also asked which vo is processing my file? She answered, Sydney. So it is in CIO,right?

Got puzzled, should I expect ppr soon or other is few things remaining??
When is your AOR? And which country is ur residence now?

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
HI,

just curious, if I m applying from India then what would be my LVO(Local visa office)? is it NDVO(New Delhi visa office)?
Thanks

bobbyanimo

Feb 16, 2018

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

Thank you for the detailed info.

Reactions: nidiw2017

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for this information. I am also a FSW Inland applicant. My AOR is 20 May 2017. I passed medical. Review of additional documents is "We do not need additional documents". Background check is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Does this mean I can stop worrying about any missing PCC rejection?
Hi can you update in how much time your background status changed??

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello,
Thanks for such a detailed understanding of the timeline/stages of Express Entry

This is my current timeline and I'm confused as to what stage I am in, it would be really helpful if someone could answer this. Thanks in advance!

Received ITA - October 14, 2017
Submitted Application with documents - December 29, 2017
Requested for additional documents - January 15, 2018
Submitted additional document - January 16, 2018
Confirmation upon receiving additional documents - January 19, 2018

My application is at this stage since January 22, 2018

Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results:
you have passed the medical exam

Review of additional documents:
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes

Biometrics:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes

Background Check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once a final decision has been made

Still wondering what stage I'm at and when can I expect to move to next stage and what then ext stage is.

Thanks again!