+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stage 2 rejection

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi I am in the similar situation. I have deferred my September intake to January intake on 28th August.And this was also confirmed by my agent who had updated the webform and sent me a screenshot of the submission of deferred loa through webform. But I received AIP on 3rd September stating I may start the course online. Really worried if they have received the updated LOA through webform or not. Is it possible to check if the updated LOA is received or not by applying GCMS?

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi, I got my aip a week before for fall intake but I on 6 august I updated my new jan loa to embassy. After a week they issued the aip and stated that you may study online until the final decision has made. So my concern is, I already deferred the course before aip, does it really affect the stage 2 process? I mean to say would they refuse just because I deferred my program?
Hi Reet I am also in similar situation. Is there any acknowledgement you received after updating the embassy with new loa?

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Hi I am in the similar situation. I have deferred my September intake to January intake on 28th August.And this was also confirmed by my agent who had updated the webform and sent me a screenshot of the submission of deferred loa through webform. But I received AIP on 3rd September stating I may start the course online. Really worried if they have received the updated LOA through webform or not. Is it possible to check if the updated LOA is received or not by applying GCMS?
Did you receive AIP after an email that confirms that IRCC received your new LOA already?

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Did you receive AIP after an email that confirms that IRCC received your new LOA already?
I didt get any confirmation mail from IRCC. Probably they didn't check or receive my new loa as their website says 5 business days to check. I received aip after 4 days of updating LOA.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
I didt get any confirmation mail from IRCC. Probably they didn't check or receive my new loa as their website says 5 business days to check. I received aip after 4 days of updating LOA.
But did you already receive the confirmation email?

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Ironically, the same happened to a friend of mine who was going for Masters on a Scholarship! Also from India. This is strange.
After aip?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hi, what will be the chances of rejection of second stage visa if one decided to defer to jan2021. My agent is saying that ur 2nd stage visa may gets refuesed because u have not started online classes after AIP. can this happened?
Deferment is simple process. That doesn't change our eligibility criteria for visa process. So you can defer ur intake, but don't change course. IRCC don't force anyone to start studying online. Moreover, in AIP letter it's written that " You may begin your study online now" NOT " You must".
So don't listen to your agent.
Well said. Agents know ghanta. A wide majority of them don't even know the technicalities of a study permit.

And like @amazing.cool mentioned, send a webform explaining the deferal and update the LOA.
Imagine getting a visa starting Fall 2020 after you've deferred but didn't update you account. Sounds like too much fun but is a pain in the A$$ and is definitely not a story you would want to mention to your kids or grand-kids