+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

HighFive said:
I would not reply to this thread if our RQ would be just sitting in St Clair. The recent ATIPs we ordered shows the following:
"Responsible office: St. Clair CIC
Description: RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to Level 2 decision maker for final decision. MV/CEN.ON"
Updated

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

HighFive said:
I would not reply to this thread if our RQ would be just sitting in St Clair. The recent ATIPs we ordered shows the following:
"Responsible office: St. Clair CIC
Description: RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to Level 2 decision maker for final decision. MV/CEN.ON"
Is it true that everyone who has an RQ processed at St Clair will have to expect a note like the above from ATIP, before CIC's final decision or oath schedule? As there's a "DX2 - Applicant has been referred to ..." type of note in my ATIP already, which I doubt that "DX2" could have anything to do with the Level 2 decision, or so?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

supercarp said:
Is it true that everyone who has an RQ processed at St Clair will have to expect a note like the above from ATIP, before CIC's final decision or oath schedule? As there's a "DX2 - Applicant has been referred to ..." type of note in my ATIP already, which I doubt that "DX2" could have anything to do with the Level 2 decision, or so?
Well, we all know CIC work in mysterious ways! :)

That being said, many of Post test RQ candidates did have such note when they called CIC or they ordered ATIP.

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014

vinaypuri

you had mentioned you had not received your ATIP as yet. but I see you have updated your timeline with exact dates. does that mean the ATIP came in?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Tbb said:
vinaypuri

you had mentioned you had not received your ATIP as yet. but I see you have updated your timeline with exact dates. does that mean the ATIP came in?
Yeah, those are from the dates CIC agents gave me.

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014

Thank you.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

so hard to explain to people to share their timelines if they are with a similar status...instead of providing the timeline and making things easier to track they want that we get their timelines going thru their various posts... anyways thanks for all those who are providing their timelines

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014

i will post my timeline tomorrow.

but one question : so after their 'final decision' is that they ask for the security check ?

does that mean they decide first and they do security check? or they make a final decision after the security check ?

if they DECIDE before the last security check, it means its a yes right?

wha'ts the point in asking for security check if they dont say yes to the file? am I wrong?

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

amazing21 said:

but one question : so after their 'final decision' is that they ask for the security check ?

does that mean they decide first and they do security check? or they make a final decision after the security check ?

wha'ts the point in asking for security check if they dont say yes to the file? am I wrong?
I am not sure about this but in my case I noticed that when the security check expired they renewed it, so I am not sure it has anything to do with the decision, my case is still not decided !

Ok I checked and compared my last 2 Atip's, so what happened was when the file status was changed to "Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker" the officer who changed the status noticed that FOSS clearance expiry date had expired so it was renewed exactly for 1 year, meanwhile the RCMP clearance expiry date had not expired so it has not been renewed, so I presume that whenever an officer goes over the file and sees any clearance has expired they renew the clearance which seems to make sense. If the clearance expiry happens and it goes unnoticed then at the first instance when the officer handles the file and notices the same he might be getting it renewed.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

amazing21 said:

I already got the timeline info going thru your post's and updated the file, u can check the file using the link in my signature, if there are any corrections to your timeline that needs to be done inform and I will correct it. Thanks

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Meanwhile I tried calling the call center to get an update on my file and the agent told me that since 36 months are not yet over the new call center policy is not to check the file but to inform the applicant to check the status online ! that's ridiculous .... but if this is true then Atip's would be the only option to know the file status ... wish more people with the same file status as us would also join us and keep us updated on their cases.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
Meanwhile I tried calling the call center to get an update on my file and the agent told me that since 36 months are not yet over the new call center policy is not to check the file but to inform the applicant to check the status online ! that's ridiculous .... but if this is true then Atip's would be the only option to know the file status ... wish more people with the same file status as us would also join us and keep us updated on their cases.
Same, I tried calling today as well and he said the same thing. until 36 months have passed, they won't look into the file.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
Same, I tried calling today as well and he said the same thing. until 36 months have passed, they won't look into the file.
I think if we guys stick together then even with the call center not providing us any information we can make an assessment of how the files are moving also making a a judgement when to request Atip's by sharing the results of our case status on Atip requests at different times, but seems very hard to get people to give their status, most are just happy to go thru the threads and not forthcoming with their own timelines.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
I think if we guys stick together then even with the call center not providing us any information we can make an assessment of how the files are moving also making a a judgement when to request Atip's by sharing the results of our case status on Atip requests at different times, but seems very hard to get people to give their status, most are just happy to go thru the threads and not forthcoming with their own timelines.
Hi longwaitwithrq,
Thank you for the hardwork. Its not easy what you are doing. I appreciate it 8)

Not a lot of people know about ATIP even if they know they won't request it they would just call the CIC call center.

Are you sure all the people you put in your document are Level 2 certified ;) Just make sure. And every file is handled differently. Meaning if one person got some update in his file or got oath doesn't mean other files are also moving with the same speed. This monitoring of each others timeline is just for fun and to know whats happening around. It is NOT accurate measurement of your application process though.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Moe... said:
Hi longwaitwithrq,
Thank you for the hardwork. Its not easy what you are doing. I appreciate it 8)
Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it

Not a lot of people know about ATIP even if they know they won't request it they would just call the CIC call center.
Please note the Call Center agent clearly mentioned no more will they provide information of the case status over the phone and that the same is their new policy ! So we call them once our 36 months are up, right ?

Are you sure all the people you put in your document are Level 2 certified ;) Just make sure.
I am asking them this question for sure, if the crux of the table itself is to see how many days from 2 level decision maker to oath then I presume I would be asking this question and some clever people are even calling me a fool for asking the same. Check above message from HighFive and I have received similar private messages.

And every file is handled differently. Meaning if one person got some update in his file or got oath doesn't mean other files are also moving with the same speed.
Oh Really, I dint know that !!!!!!!!!!

This monitoring of each others timeline is just for fun and to know whats happening around.
The anguish the frustration, the anxiety is all fun, wow we deserve another 36 months wait, superb :)

It is NOT accurate measurement of your application process though.
Oh Really, I dint know that too !!!!!!!!!!