+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St clair office

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Could anyone tells me why some applications are transfered to st clair office. My office is ottawa. I received FP request after test. My file is now in st clair office.
Thanks

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was transferred to St.Clair office from Mississauga after my test. No one clearly can tell why and what this office is responsible for. Some say they process RQ in GTA (Scarborough does FP), some say it's just an ordinary office (with the backlog of 100K applications).
I've been waiting for my Oath since June, and this bloody office doesn't do a thing. I hope you are not going to be in the same position as I am but just in case, brace yourself.

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
ambient2 said:
My application was transferred to St.Clair office from Mississauga after my test. No one clearly can tell why and what this office is responsible for. Some say they process RQ in GTA (Scarborough does FP), some say it's just an ordinary office (with the backlog of 100K applications).
I've been waiting for my Oath since June, and this bloody office doesn't do a thing. I hope you are not going to be in the same position as I am but just in case, brace yourself.
Did you receive RQ or FP request.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROMA_1 said:
So weird. Then why your file was transferred
That is a million dollar question my friend, you can tell from my signature that I'm not sitting still and trying to figure out what do they want. I probably know every Call agent by their name already.

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
ambient2 said:
That is a million dollar question my friend, you can tell from my signature that I'm not sitting still and trying to figure out what do they want. I probably know every Call agent by their name already.
For your last ATIP do you find anything in outgoing coresspondance

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOMARK said:
For your last ATIP do you find anything in outgoing coresspondance
I'll get this Atip in three weeks. However, when I called the centre they already had all the Atip info in the file (we need to wait one month for the ATIP, but they already have the info right away). to summarise, 10 days ago The Call centre sent the reminder to St.Clair office that 6 months passed after the test, in a week they got respond - my file is still 'in process', go and figure what the hell that means.

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
ambient2 said:
I'll get this Atip in three weeks. However, when I called the centre they already had all the Atip info in the file (we need to wait one month for the ATIP, but they already have the info right away). to summarise, 10 days ago The Call centre sent the reminder to St.Clair office that 6 months passed after the test, in a week they got respond - my file is still 'in process', go and figure what the hell that means.
But for your previous ATIP there is no outgoing coresspondance. Sometimes CIC sends letters but don't delivered. These should appear on your ATIP

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOMARK said:
But for your previous ATIP there is no outgoing coresspondance. Sometimes CIC sends letters but don't delivered. These should appear on your ATIP
No, there were no letters (RQ, FP or Oath), and the application is still 'in process' so no DM either

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ambient2 said:
No, there were no letters (RQ, FP or Oath), and the application is still 'in process' so no DM either
I have gone thru same torture and I can feel your frustration. Did you contact your area MP, they get response from CIC in 2 week plus it give CIC a nudge to expedite.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I have gone thru same torture and I can feel your frustration. Did you contact your area MP, they get response from CIC in 2 week plus it give CIC a nudge to expedite.
I've contact my previous MP before the elections, was thinking that he would be interested to pull some strings and expedite my application. Nothing happened. Contacted my new MP recently, they've got the same response as I did from the CIC, but also informed me that they can try to expedite my applications with MP's direct involvement (fingers crossed).
It seems I'm spamming FOMAK's original post, just to add the info I've got from one of the call agents, he mentioned that all offices are responsible for any kind of application, so the info that St.Clair does RQs or Scarborough - FPs is not true, these offices just known to do particular tasks more 'efficient' and that's the reasons some of the applications might be transferred there, however in most cases it's distribution of the workload (I call BS in both cases tho).

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Just adding my two bits:

The St Clair office called for my FP (already sent) and at the same time I have a notice to appear for a test in Hamilton, this Wednesday the 16ht of Dec. Not sure if the two go side by side, but keeping fingers crossed.

Oh and Ecas shows, ... we sent you a letter... No update about the test date online.

Strange

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
odin2404 said:
Just adding my two bits:

The St Clair office called for my FP (already sent) and at the same time I have a notice to appear for a test in Hamilton, this Wednesday the 16ht of Dec. Not sure if the two go side by side, but keeping fingers crossed.

Oh and Ecas shows, ... we sent you a letter... No update about the test date online.

Strange
Just out of curiosity, do you know why does CIC ask for FP? Is it because one have common name, or one should be from one of those countries with 'ties to terrorism' to get FPed?

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
ambient2 said:
Just out of curiosity, do you know why does CIC ask for FP? Is it because one have common name, or one should be from one of those countries with 'ties to terrorism' to get FPed?
No idea.