+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputnik V

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, I am a permanent resident of Canada. I was two years out of Canada after receiving my PR card. Currently, I am planning to return, but before returning I want to be vaccinated with Sputnik V. I would like to know whether my vaccination will be admitted by Canadian authorities or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi friends, I am a permanent resident of Canada. I was two years out of Canada after receiving my PR card. Currently, I am planning to return, but before returning I want to be vaccinated with Sputnik V. I would like to know whether my vaccination will be admitted by Canadian authorities or not?
Yes, you'll be admitted. You'll need to follow all of the quarantine requirements when you arrive.

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you'll be admitted. You'll need to follow all of the quarantine requirements when you arrive.
I hope that to at the end of May new regulation will allow vaccinated persons to omit quarantine period

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hope that to at the end of May new regulation will allow vaccinated persons to omit quarantine period
IMO that's unlikely but you can certainly hope.

Reactions: mashulia_26

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine in the United States following international travel so may be similar regulations will be applied for Canada.

This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford).

Sputnik V has not been authorized by the WHO up to now it is in the stage of investigation by WHO when it will be approved it Is unknown but it is registered in 61 countries.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine in the United States following international travel so may be similar regulations will be applied for Canada.

This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford).

Sputnik V has not been authorized by the WHO up to now it is in the stage of investigation by WHO when it will be approved it Is unknown but it is registered in 61 countries.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
I highly doubt that
The border is porous, and the health care system is teetering on collapse , government probably has their hands full with that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

We are different countries who have handled the pandemic differently so not sure why you would think Canada would adopt all US policies.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015

Trudeau just announced that they are not yet making any plans to facilitate travel/vaccine passport/special rules for vaccinated people. There is no chance that would be in place in May unfortunately.

They are dealing first with the recent surge and he did mention that yes he sees it happening in the future but since they are not yet even planning it, I'd expect that won't happen until everyone in Canada got access to their first dose, therefore that's much more likely to happen sometime in the fall IF ALL GOES WELL...

Add to that the fact that Sputnik V is not yet recognized by the WHO (first step) nor by Canada, it may take even longer for that particular vaccine. Unless you plan to travel at the very end of 2021 (with no guarantee that by then it will even avoid the quarantine), I would plan to have to quarantine+hotel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Agreed with all of this - just not for end of May.

If you are following Canadian news, COVID and hospitalization rates are still going in the wrong direction and we have way too many people in ICUs. And while we are doing OK on a global scale, we lag far behind the US in vaccination rates. Also, a number of provinces are on lock-downs through to the last or second last week of May. Again, IMO a lift of the quarantine restrictions by end of May is very highly unlikely.

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed with all of this - just not for end of May.

If you are following Canadian news, COVID and hospitalization rates are still going in the wrong direction and we have way too many people in ICUs. And while we are doing OK on a global scale, we lag far behind the US in vaccination rates. Also, a number of provinces are on lock-downs through to the last or second last week of May. Again, IMO a lift of the quarantine restrictions by end of May is very highly unlikely.
Ok thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The number of Corona patients is increasing day and night at present in the country. In such a situation, Sputnik Vaccine can prove to be very useful. In this vaccine made by Sputnik V, all the properties are being told which will prove to be a boon in the corona pandemic. The Expressive therapy can be especially helpful for people who find it difficult to talk about their thoughts and emotions.
Ok, do you hold stock in this “ Expressive Therapy” ?
And that Sputnik Vaccine hasn’t been approved in Canada

Reactions: foodie69

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Recent news - all foreign vaccines not authorized in Canada will need to be done 3 times, so 3 doses of Sputnik and you're good to go lol

My question is.. I personally don't believe in this Sputnik thing and I have living examples of how bad aftermaths of Sputnik are - so when my husband and I arrive, we want to do Pfizer in Canada. Are we going to be okay crossing the border while unvaccinated prior to arrival? Quarantine after arrival?