Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Hello, how is everyone doing here. I just submitted my study permit application yesterday for May intake. I’m from Uganda. And they sent a message in my IRCC account today to go for biometrics and I’m going on Monday. I want to know: is a study permit same as visa? If not, so when do i apply for student visa? Also have I applied late for the May intake?
Hello!
Student Permit is also a Student Visa. The earlier the better as you will really never know what the outcome will be. In case it gets rejected (which I hope not), you still more time to re-apply. All the best to you!

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
congratss !!!
HI @Nurana01
I cannot celebrate yet :( I just received a ME request, so though i already sent my passport to VO, i will need time to have my ME done as it takes sometime to get an appointment :(

can anyone let me know whether you know anyone who failes ME?

ndc

Dec 10, 2021
HI @Nurana01
I cannot celebrate yet :( I just received a ME request, so though i already sent my passport to VO, i will need time to have my ME done as it takes sometime to get an appointment :(

can anyone let me know whether you know anyone who failes ME?
ME is fairly straightforward.. a urine test (protein, blood, glucose), physical examination (blood pressure, etc), eye test, x-ray (for TB) blood test (for Syphilis and HIV).. basically to check if you have any communicable disease and are a risk to their public health and if you have any serious health issues that can impact your ability to effectively study.

Good Luck !

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
ME is fairly straightforward.. a urine test (protein, blood, glucose), physical examination (blood pressure, etc), eye test, x-ray (for TB) blood test (for Syphilis and HIV).. basically to check if you have any communicable disease and are a risk to their public health and if you have any serious health issues that can impact your ability to effectively study.

Good Luck !
oh wow! thank you for giving me an insight. It is very helpful and eased away my anxiety :)