Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Hi all,

This thread is to cater and share experiences for May 2022 intake.

Here is my tImeline:
Online Application: 17 September 2021
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone let me know whether it is normal that I have not received an update yet? Should it be because I applied too early?

Ashprime

Jan 15, 2020
Application and biometrics submitted : 15th of July
Additional documents requested by IRCC submitted: 5th of August
No update

Ashprime

Jan 15, 2020
Hi all,

This thread is to cater and share experiences for May 2022 intake.

Here is my tImeline:
Online Application: 17 September 2021
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone let me know whether it is normal that I have not received an update yet? Should it be because I applied too early?
Nope, they are taking a lot of time

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Application and biometrics submitted : 15th of July
Additional documents requested by IRCC submitted: 5th of August
No update
I assume you will be taking the Spring 2022 intake as well?
if you dont mind me asking, which VO and province you plan to go to?

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Oh just to update you too, I sent a webform monday last week and so far i have received 4 auto replies at different days and timings informing me that my enquiry is not one of the priority list and hence, they will not reply. Is this a good sign? have you had this experience too?

Ashprime

Jan 15, 2020
Oh just to update you too, I sent a webform monday last week and so far i have received 4 auto replies at different days and timings informing me that my enquiry is not one of the priority list and hence, they will not reply. Is this a good sign? have you had this experience too?
They reply to only urgent webfroms and yours is not urgent. This doesn’t show anything neither good nor bad.

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Medical exam is not required from all countries.It depends on the country you are applying from
Hi Ashprime,
Do you think applicants from Singapore are required to have medical exams?

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
They reply to only urgent webfroms and yours is not urgent. This doesn’t show anything neither good nor bad.
i was not asked to do medical...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021
Hello, how is everyone doing here. I just submitted my study permit application yesterday for May intake. I’m from Uganda. And they sent a message in my IRCC account today to go for biometrics and I’m going on Monday. I want to know: is a study permit same as visa? If not, so when do i apply for student visa? Also have I applied late for the May intake?