+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPP get rejected

sm2611

Apr 15, 2016
Hi, I am shweta, have applied for SPP visa on 31.3.2016 and got refusal on 15.4.2016
Reason: your proposed study are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

Profile:
10th 2006: 77%
12th 2008: 77%( commerce field)
Undergraduate diploma from CIMA (chartered institute of management accounting) ( united kingdom ) 2009-2012 : all subjects passed in first attempt
Work experience of 4 years in UK as assistant accountant
Work experience of 10 months in KPMG as executive accountant
Work experience of 10 months in golden canvas co. as senior accountant

Got acceptance letter from Selkirk college for 2 year Post graduate diploma in accounting

I think there is no mismatch for my previous studies and qualifications and proposed program. It's all related to accounting.
Shall I apply again with a strong SOP?
Shall I change the course/diploma?
Shall I change the college?

Please help :( :( :(

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm2611 said:
Hi, I am shweta, have applied for SPP visa on 31.3.2016 and got refusal on 15.4.2016
Reason: your proposed study are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

Profile:
Undergraduate diploma from CIMA (chartered institute of management accounting) ( united kingdom ) 2009-2012 : all subjects passed in first attempt

Got acceptance letter from Selkirk college for 2 year Post graduate diploma in accounting

I think there is no mismatch for my previous studies and qualifications and proposed program. It's all related to accounting.

firstly ,, Canada mostly give this reason to students who had study from different country ,, so....try again with strong SOP , explaining why you want to do this only after doing CA ,, is there really need of simple accounting diploma....so think on it and give strong reason for that...

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
sm2611 said:

Profile:

Apply for GCMS notes first to see the main reason of rejection officer wrote on your file then you can decide yourself what to do.

sm2611

Apr 15, 2016
Thanks Sudan.r
It was not CA it was an undergraduate program from the UK so o guess it's a progression also from UG diploma to PG diploma
I don't know what's the reason :(
Shall I apply for any other college? Or course?
Or just SOP will work?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
You could apply to another well known college in Ontario or Alberta. Also try Macewan University in Alberta their programs are affordable and I believe they have a program related to accounting.

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
I am going to apply for the same course at the same college. You giving me shivers. I am worried now. :(

Well, my credentials are
  • BSc with Honours in Mathematics and Statistics, Kingston University London
  • MSc in Medical Statistics, University of Leicester

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
sran_wick said:
I am going to apply for the same course at the same college. You giving me shivers. I am worried now. :(

Well, my credentials are
  • BSc with Honours in Mathematics and Statistics, Kingston University London
  • MSc in Medical Statistics, University of Leicester
A PG diploma after a Master's is not a good idea. Many get visa rejections because of that

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
Not left with many options. Can't make it to PhD and was not accepted into Masters. Don't have job. :(

I don't understand which is a good idea. This girl got rejection even she doesn't have any post-graduate qualification.

Some of my friends got approval for PG diploma even after double masters.

Its all luck, I guess.

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File an ATIP request to find out the real reason of rejection of application.
once you know why your application was rejected you have a better chance at addressing those issues and resubmit.
mostly it is because you did not present your case convincingly and the SOP was missing information or was weak.

relax and file ATIP request.

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
sm2611 said:

Profile:

Could you let me know about the proof of funds you attached?

CIC website says that a single student needs to show tuition plus $10,000 for 12 month period. Would these funds be enough to obtain visa even if course length is more than 12 months like in your case?

Thanks.

sm2611

Apr 15, 2016
Hey thanks everybody for replies.
I also think there must be problem with SOP
I also have applied for the CAIPS notes so I will get a better idea of the refusal reason
@sran_wick I showed the GIC and my mother's FD for sponsorship and paid one semester fees