+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's work permit question!!

andrewx

Apr 23, 2016
Hi guys,
I am an international student (Not PR), I am now applying for the Master degree for the coming fall in Ontario. My question is if my wife is coming with me to Canada, what type of visa should she apply? I heard something about if you are actually in the master program, then you can apply for a full time work permit for your spouse, I am not sure this news is entirely true and for valid for how long.

Is there other visa type I should consider?
Thanks a lot guys!

happyReem

May 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for her as either Open Work Permit or Temporary Residence Visa ... in both cases you have to justify why she would come with you to Canada.

andrewx

Apr 23, 2016
happyReem said:
You can apply for her as either Open Work Permit or Temporary Residence Visa ... in both cases you have to justify why she would come with you to Canada.
Wow! Thanks happyReem! I did not know that, so I would have to check on which one is more convenient for her.

So as soon as my student visa comes out, she can apply for both types of Visas?

happyReem

May 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrewx said:
Wow! Thanks happyReem! I did not know that, so I would have to check on which one is more convenient for her.

So as soon as my student visa comes out, she can apply for both types of Visas?
You can apply together in one application. see this post

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doubt-about-work-permit-form-t413336.0.html

andrewx

Apr 23, 2016
happyReem said:
You can apply together in one application. see this post

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doubt-about-work-permit-form-t413336.0.html
Thanks a lot! I will look more into that