+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse's RCMP criminal check(fingerprints) requested within 7 days

carleen

Jun 30, 2015
Hello! All,

I got AOR on June 3 and my ECAS status is In Process.

I am requested to upload my spouse's RCMP Chriminal Check until September 1. However, my spouse is visiting my country right now. He is not in Canada at the moment. So I do not think I will be able to upload it within 7 days. I told him to come back as soon as possible. Probably I will not be able to make it.
I would like to know if I can extend the due date or not. What can I do? How can I contact the EE immigration officer?

If you have the same experience please give me some advice.
Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
You may wish to call CIC and talk to a person about it.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carleen said:
Hello! All,

I got AOR on June 3 and my ECAS status is In Process.

I am requested to upload my spouse's RCMP Chriminal Check until September 1. However, my spouse is visiting my country right now. He is not in Canada at the moment. So I do not think I will be able to upload it within 7 days. I told him to come back as soon as possible. Probably I will not be able to make it.
I would like to know if I can extend the due date or not. What can I do? How can I contact the EE immigration officer?

Absolutely. Call them and tell them your problem and ask for an extension. You might also put the same request in a CSE, to have it in writing that you explained the issue in advance. Good luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
carleen said:

It is theoretically possible to do. If your husband can get his fingerprints taken on paper, he can fedex them to one of the accredited fingerprinting agencies in Canada who can digitize them and submit.

http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check%23ac

carleen

Jun 30, 2015
You are right. But I am worried about the time frame. I can not upload it within 7 days. I think it will take much longer(at least 3 or 4 weeks to be done) than taking fingerprints in Canada.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carleen said:
You are right. But I am worried about the time frame. I can not upload it within 7 days. I think it will take much longer(at least 3 or 4 weeks to be done) than taking fingerprints in Canada.
I recently got it done and it took me exact 7 days. Did you carefully read the letter? It should be 30 days or 60 days to reply. Double in the column where we upload the document.

carleen

Jun 30, 2015
I got the letter on Aug. 24th and it says I must upload it by September 1st. Of course, I read the letter very carefully.