+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouses dutch work-experience

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Dutch below!

My wife and I are in express entry. I'm the spouse and have a question about my work experience.
I don't have any Canadian experience which means I can't earn any points on that.
Is it nescessary to fill in all former jobs I had? I've worked in NOC -C job for 2 years with one employer, and 2 NOC-C jobs for 3 months and 6 months with 2 other employers.
Can I simply not mention my work experience in the express entry profile, or will IRCC see this as"lying about the past"

Dutch:
Mijn partner en ik hebben een Express entry profiel.
Ik ben niet de hoofdaanvrager, dus ik kan geen punten verdienen met mijn niet-Canadese werkervaring. De beroepen zijn niet van belang (NOC-C) en heb een aantal tijdelijke werkgevers gehad (minder dan een jaar).

Moet ik van de afgelopen 10 jaar alle werkgevers benoemen, of mag ik deze ook gewoon weglaten aangezien ze niet van belang zijn?

Thank you in advance!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You do not have to mention all the jobs you've had in your work experience. You only put in the jobs for which you're getting points. Once you've maxed out your points (3 years of foreign experience), you can skip the rest.

However, you do need to put those jobs in your personal history and that will take care of making sure you aren't "lying about your past"

For jobs you mention in work history - you have to submit proof (letter of employment, pay stubs etc)

For anything in personal history - you don't need to submit any proof.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
BTW, NOC-C jobs don't qualify you for Express Entry. Do you have other NOC-0/A/B jobs or is your wife the primary applicant?

If your wife is the primary applicant, you simply put all your jobs in personal history and leave work history blank.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Dutch below!

My wife and I are in express entry. I'm the spouse and have a question about my work experience.
I don't have any Canadian experience which means I can't earn any points on that.
Is it nescessary to fill in all former jobs I had? I've worked in NOC -C job for 2 years with one employer, and 2 NOC-C jobs for 3 months and 6 months with 2 other employers.
Can I simply not mention my work experience in the express entry profile, or will IRCC see this as"lying about the past"

Dutch:
Mijn partner en ik hebben een Express entry profiel.
Ik ben niet de hoofdaanvrager, dus ik kan geen punten verdienen met mijn niet-Canadese werkervaring. De beroepen zijn niet van belang (NOC-C) en heb een aantal tijdelijke werkgevers gehad (minder dan een jaar).

Moet ik van de afgelopen 10 jaar alle werkgevers benoemen, of mag ik deze ook gewoon weglaten aangezien ze niet van belang zijn?

Thank you in advance!
You are right. Since your spouse is the Principal Applicant, you will not score any CRS points for your foreign work experience.
In this case, you are not required to enter your employment details in the Work history section but only in your personal history.
If you don't include it in your personal history, it could be considered 'misrepresentation'.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
You are right. Since your spouse is the Principal Applicant, you will not score any CRS points for your foreign work experience.
In this case, you are not required to enter your employment details in the Work history section but only in your personal history.
If you don't include it in your personal history, it could be considered 'misrepresentation'.

Thank you for your quick response!
To be sure: I haven't found any space to fill in 'personal history' in Express Entry profile. The personal history part can only be filled in after you received an Invitation to Apply right?

In answer to 21Goose, I'm the spouse, my wife is primary applicant

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your quick response!
To be sure: I haven't found any space to fill in 'personal history' in Express Entry profile. The personal history part can only be filled in after you received an Invitation to Apply right?

In answer to 21Goose, I'm the spouse, my wife is primary applicant
Yes, personal history comes after ITA. Just leave your work history blank since you won't get any points for it as the spouse.

NJK90

May 11, 2019
Amsterdam
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Passport Req..
10-05-2019
Hey @Klaverveld,

Mocht je tijdens je aanvraag vragen hebben of in de war zijn wat je moet doen shoot me a message! Ik heb net vorige week mijn PR gekregen. Altijd handig als er een Dutchie is die de route al heeft doorlopen ;)

Reactions: 21Goose

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey @Klaverveld,

Mocht je tijdens je aanvraag vragen hebben of in de war zijn wat je moet doen shoot me a message! Ik heb net vorige week mijn PR gekregen. Altijd handig als er een Dutchie is die de route al heeft doorlopen ;)
The fun part about Dutch is that you can almost understand the message if you read it out loud a few times :) But then you realize you can't and you head to Google translate.

NJK90

May 11, 2019
Amsterdam
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Passport Req..
10-05-2019
The fun part about Dutch is that you can almost understand the message if you read it out loud a few times :) But then you realize you can't and you head to Google translate.
Ha.. it's a funny language alright ;)