+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Permit

amygail88

Jun 25, 2018
Hi all,
I am a Canadian Citizen and my husband is British. We are just finishing filling out the application forms to sponsor him as my spouse, and want to include the application for an open work permit so he can work while we are waiting for approval.
The work permit asks for employer information though and he doesn't have a job yet obviously because he has no work permit. He is wanting to do roofing and contract work on his own... how would we fill this out? will they allow him to be self employed or does he have to go and find someone to offer him a job?
Thank you for any advice!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I am a Canadian Citizen and my husband is British. We are just finishing filling out the application forms to sponsor him as my spouse, and want to include the application for an open work permit so he can work while we are waiting for approval.
The work permit asks for employer information though and he doesn't have a job yet obviously because he has no work permit. He is wanting to do roofing and contract work on his own... how would we fill this out? will they allow him to be self employed or does he have to go and find someone to offer him a job?
Thank you for any advice!
Hi

It's an Open Work Permit, so just put N/A for the job info.

Reactions: amygail88