+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work permit refused. Can I apply for visiting visa

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hello,

My name is Praveen. My wife went on student visa to Canada for May 2017 intake. Once she got the visa. I have applied for Spouse open work permit visa. After 9 weeks I got the reply from embassy that my visa got refused.

And the reason for refusal is given as “Other comments: your proposed travel is not reasonable in light of one or more of: your employment history, level of establishment, travel history and/or your travel plans”

When comes to each point wise: Your employment history

I had around 4 years of work experience in health care in a company named UHG (1 year as contractor and 3 years as permanent employee) and I have submitted offer and relieving letters of both and 3 months pay slips of my last company . I resigned for the job at the time of my wife is applied for the student visa.

Level of establishment:

For this I have submitted my father tax papers for last two years, properties estimation letters given by civil engineer and charted account and the savings account bank statements for last 3 months (5Lakhs).

Travel history and/or your travel plans:

I have studied masters in Scotland from 2010 to 2012. And I have submitted only the initial visa copy of my UK studies and it is till 2011. later on I applied for student extension twice.I have not submitted any student extension visa letters/visa card because I do not have those visa letters/visa cards.

Now my wife cannot able to concentrate on her studies due to my visa refusal and if I submit same Spouse open work permit visa and it will take another 10-11 weeks to process.

Can I apply for visitor visa and try for work permit once I reached Canada? Some of the consultancies in Hyderabad (India) telling that I need to apply for Spouse open work permit visa again. If I apply for visiting visa that there more chances of rejection. I was in a big confusion whether I need to apply for visit visa or Spouse open work permit visa?

Can anyone please suggest which one is the best option? It would be a great help to me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it was a bad decision to resign from your job when your wife obtain the study permit. This really reduces the ties you can demonstrate to your home country and may have made CIC concerned that you have plans to come here long term. You should have kept your job and only resigned once you had an approved work permit. But nothing you can do about that now.

I would submit proof of all of your travel history when you reapply including your extensions.

Yes - you can try to apply for a TRV and then if it's approved, apply for a work permit once you are in Canada. However there's no guarantee the TRV will be approved either.

I would apply for the OWP again and include stronger evidence where you can to show ties. Can you re-join the job you quit?

When someone comes to Canada there's unfortunately never a guarantee that their spouse will be able to join them.

Reactions: Praveench

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Unfortunately it was a bad decision to resign from your job when your wife obtain the study permit. This really reduces the ties you can demonstrate to your home country and may have made CIC concerned that you have plans to come here long term. You should have kept your job and only resigned once you had an approved work permit. But nothing you can do about that now.

I would submit proof of all of your travel history when you reapply including your extensions.

Yes - you can try to apply for a TRV and then if it's approved, apply for a work permit once you are in Canada. However there's no guarantee the TRV will be approved either.

I would apply for the OWP again and include stronger evidence where you can to show ties. Can you re-join the job you quit?

When someone comes to Canada there's unfortunately never a guarantee that their spouse will be able to join them.
Thanks for your response Scylla,

I got the documents from UK University related to my student extensions.

And I will try to join in the same old company if possible. If not can I join in any other company?

If I join now do I need to work particular period of time?

Do I need to work any other full time job which is not related to my previous company or studies?

If it take too long to get a job here for me. Is there any better option to apply without a job to prove for the visa officer that I need to support my wife in Canada because of that I quit he job.

If I apply Spouse open work permit visa for the second time will processing time differ? Please clarify.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can join whatever company you want. Ideally you would want to work for that company for a few months before applying for either a TRV or an OWP. What you need to do is try to show stronger ties to your home country.

Saying you need to be in Canada to support your wife and that's why you quite the job isn't a good thing to say. It will make CIC more concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

No - the processing the second time probably won't be different.

Reactions: Praveench

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
You can join whatever company you want. Ideally you would want to work for that company for a few months before applying for either a TRV or an OWP. What you need to do is try to show stronger ties to your home country.

Saying you need to be in Canada to support your wife and that's why you quite the job isn't a good thing to say. It will make CIC more concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

No - the processing the second time probably won't be different.
Hi Scylla,

Good Morning.

Now I am ready to drop my OWP for the second time. I am working in a company from last two months and I have offer letter and pay slips of last two months and some other letters to show my employment history and tie ups with the home country. I have letters about my previous travel history. When comes to Funds maintaining,

I am maintaining funds of 10 Lakhs Indian rupees in my India saving bank account from past 2 months and also I am submitting my properties documents and its values to show my establishment level in India. Recently I came to know that I need to show some amount in my wife's Canadian bank account also.

Now I got all the documents ready, Is it necessary to show funds in my wife bank account? If yes, How much she need to maintain and how many months?

Can you please help me out in this.

gdeeps

Sep 28, 2018
Hi,
What happen to your work permit??
Even my husband has resigned the job. Can he apply now? Does he need to wait for the new job to get in India. Presently I'm studying in Universit

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,
What happen to your work permit??
Even my husband has resigned the job. Can he apply now? Does he need to wait for the new job to get in India. Presently I'm studying in Universit
Hello,
My visa got rejected for the first time and the reasons for the refusal are
1. Employment History
2. Travel plans and travel history
3.Level of establishment.
To fulfill the first point many people suggest me to rejoin or apply for a new company to show that I have a job in India. Make sure that the immigration officer should not feel like that you are going to canada and settle over there..for that your husband has to show that he is getting income and he is well established in india.

For me, 2nd time also rejected.I got the visa on third attempt. for the third time it took around 4 months for complete process..I came to canada 15 days back..

My primary suggestion is to check your mails regularly(***INCLUDING SPAM MAILS****)..
Thoroughly check all the documents before submitting.

Let me know if you have any questions..

gdeeps

Sep 28, 2018
Hi Praveen,

Can you let me know which provonce are you in? Ontario or Quebec? Does your wife send any kind of invitation for you to come to Canada? Or you have done the complete process online?

I'm studying in Uottawa. I need your help in applying work permit visa for my husband. I wanted to know do I meee to anything from my side for application of work permit visa for my husband.

Kindly do reply. As it is very useful for me. If you are comfortable, please do share your mail Id or contact number so that I can contact you.

Thanks,
Deepika

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi Deepika..

I live in Totonto(ontario provience).while I am applying for open work permit my wife sent an invitation letter.

It is an online application..but it took around 4 months for complete process

My contact no. 4373434572

s. tayyaba

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi Deepika..

I live in Totonto(ontario provience).while I am applying for open work permit my wife sent an invitation letter.

It is an online application..but it took around 4 months for complete process

My contact no. 4373434572
Hello... Hope you are well
Can you please guide after the wait of how many months did you re-aaply for SOWP? Actually my visa got rejected in Oct owing to employment status n weak ties in home country so I'm not sure when it's best time to reapply.

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hello..
After I got rejected for the first time..It took around 2 months to get all the documents...After my second rejection I applied for visa notes to know more details about the rejection and then I applied through IRCC member who knows more about this visa process...that time also it took around 2 months...As of my knowledge, you can apply anytime once you got all the supporting documents...

Reactions: s. tayyaba

s. tayyaba

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hello..
After I got rejected for the first time..It took around 2 months to get all the documents...After my second rejection I applied for visa notes to know more details about the rejection and then I applied through IRCC member who knows more about this visa process...that time also it took around 2 months...As of my knowledge, you can apply anytime once you got all the supporting documents...
Ohk great... Thanks alot
Actually I was getting mixed feedback that one should wait at least 6 months to apply again so I was kinda confused..