+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work permit processing time

RDD.

May 25, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone know how much time is it taking to get spousal owp these days?
My husband is in India and I applied for his owp on June 7,2019. Any idea when is it expected to come at the earliest?

Sravz123

Jul 19, 2019
Hi,

I have a query.

I am on closed wp in NOC A and valid till Nov 2019. I applied for my Closed WP extension, My husband is on SOWP and he has validity till Aug 2019. But I didnt apply for his extension along with my as our PR is in progress and due by July. But as it is taking time now, Can I apply for his WP extension now ?

As I have my valid till Nov 2019 only and my WP extension is in progress. If not what is the other alternative. Please help me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a query.

I am on closed wp in NOC A and valid till Nov 2019. I applied for my Closed WP extension, My husband is on SOWP and he has validity till Aug 2019. But I didnt apply for his extension along with my as our PR is in progress and due by July. But as it is taking time now, Can I apply for his WP extension now ?

As I have my valid till Nov 2019 only and my WP extension is in progress. If not what is the other alternative. Please help me.
Yes, he can apply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for your reply. As I don't have more than 6 months valid, will there be any problem. What can i show to make it strong ? My company told that he has to go back to India and apply from there once mine is approved or withdraw my and apply together. Thats why i am worried.
Your company is wrong. Include proof of your extension app.

Harsh Golwala

Jun 10, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone know how much time is it taking to get spousal owp these days?
My husband is in India and I applied for his owp on June 7,2019. Any idea when is it expected to come at the earliest?
Hi, did you get any update on your file yet ? I applied on June 12 for my wife. She is in india.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations!!!
Can you please tell me your timeline?
N if it was paper based or online application?
You are applying in very different circumstances. Unfortunately you may be looking at a 4-5 month wait. You’re in your home country right?