+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse work permit if I have applied for PR

LauRCist

May 30, 2023
I have a question regarding spouse work permit eligibility.

I have valid work permit until October 2024 and my CEC PR application is in progress ( waiting for background check to be done, will probably take a long time). I just got married and would like to apply for work permit for my wife. Can we apply?
please share your experience if you have gone through the same situation.
Thank you!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

I have valid work permit until October 2024 and my CEC PR application is in progress ( waiting for background check to be done, will probably take a long time). I just got married and would like to apply for work permit for my wife. Can we apply?
Thank you!
Ask your question in CEC (or EE) section. This is not family class sponsorship (not unless you became PR before getting married and wanted to apply to sponsor your wife after).
You need to add your wife to the PR application. Not sure about work permit for CEC.

Reactions: LauRCist

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thank you!
Do you have AOR? You must add her to your PR application (medical, police check) so this is not a family class sponsorship application because you are not sponsoring her.

Reactions: LauRCist