+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience not included while applying

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I got invitation recently to apply for PR.
While creating profile I didn't include my spouse job experience as I had enough points. (BCPNP pick)

Now when I fill the application I need to update what my husband did for last 10 years.
Can I add his job information to the application now?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,

I got invitation recently to apply for PR.
While creating profile I didn't include my spouse job experience as I had enough points. (BCPNP pick)

Now when I fill the application I need to update what my husband did for last 10 years.
Can I add his job information to the application now?

Thanks
Your husband needs to complete his background history - it must be accurate and complete. It does not matter that you did not list the employment in the profile.

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Your husband needs to complete his background history - it must be accurate and complete. It does not matter that you did not list the employment in the profile.

Hello,Thanks for the information.
I spoke to CIC customer service they told me that I must have added his work experience before applying PR and now this looks like misrepresentation of data.

Is this correct? Will there be any problem if I update in personal history without declaring work history?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,Thanks for the information.
I spoke to CIC customer service they told me that I must have added his work experience before applying PR and now this looks like misrepresentation of data.

Is this correct?
I can´t tell, it sounds like you and/or the call centre agent are not being clear in your terms. What is true is that you must declare his work experience IN THE PR application, if you do not it could be considered misrepresentation. The same is not true for leaving it out of the profile.

Will there be any problem if I update in personal history without declaring work history?
??? You´re not updating anything, as far as I can tell. You are simply completing the PR application, in which you declare his work history. The PR application must be complete and accurate.

In the profile, you (typically) only list details related to eligibility and/or those for which you gain points. The profile is not a PR application.