+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience (need expert advice)

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
My spouse has worked in her family bussiness all her life (she has no other work experience). Since it is a family buisness , she was never "under contract" so she cannot just make one up to send to visa office. Also, what about the letters of reference ? Should she ask her own parents (the owners) for them ? Will these be accepted ? What advice could the experts give me on this one ? Please advise me on what to do.

roger55

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
Hi,

I had a similar issue and my wife was the principal applicant. Maybe the only difference is that she had other work experience from a Fortune 500 company. She didn't have a contract either from her position in their family business. We supplied reference letters from her "employer" (her uncle), payslips and her appointment letter for her position which explained in details her position, duties, salary, etc. At least in our case, it worked... we got the PR last July. Our Office was Buffalo. Good Luck.

Regards.

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Is your spouse main applicant?? If not than there qualification will be assessed not work experience. Work experience only valid for primary applicant.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
In this case the applicant is myself and I have all the letters of reference and contracts but I am worried on what to send for my spouse. I guess I will send the same documents you did since I cannot make up the documents and in the end , we are not lying about anything. Anyone else with advice? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks .

roger55

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
bluepine said:
Is your spouse main applicant?? If not than there qualification will be assessed not work experience. Work experience only valid for primary applicant.

You say only the "principal applicant" will be assesed in work experience. The spouse is only assessed in their qualifications ? But visa office requires both to send reference letters. Could you elaborate a little more on this please ?

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Which visa office you refer to...? You will get points based on your assessment and your wife will get adaptability. For wife you need to send official transcript from the university. In CIC official site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Adaptability.asp you will get marks only for her qualification not for her work.
Lets wait if anyone applied from your visa office may be in better position to tell you.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Thank you , visa office is Guatemala . I understand now. Letters of reference needed to prove and assess work experience for principal applicant , spouse only assessed on adaptability, but they still ask for them for spouse.

Prits

Oct 3, 2009
it's same forms for main applicant and his/her spouse, so you can't skip filling work experience! I will suggest reference letter from partner or any docuemnt showing ownership proof will be good enough to prevent further quesiton.