+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work experience letters - questions

ektasapra

Jul 22, 2015
Hi sunshinejan,

I hope you do read this message. Want to know what did you finally decide to include reg spouse work ex in eAPR and were there any requests for additional docs post that.

Thanks,
Ekta

Rpat

Oct 9, 2016
fkl said:
Acked - this is the norm. In fact the same is done for personal / non relevant experience too.

E.g. i have 10+ years of experience. But i applied for CEC using in Canada experience only. Didn't claim any points for out of Canada experience so didnt put any of that until the actual application post ITA. Same for spouse. Many others i know personally did the same and all are PRs now.
Hi FKL,
Congrats on your PR.

How did you explain your 10 year work experience or gap in your profile while claiming only CEC experience? if you did not claim, did CIC ask for reference letters for those 10 years when you mentioned that 10 yr exp in personal history?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rpat said:
Hi FKL,
Congrats on your PR.

How did you explain your 10 year work experience or gap in your profile while claiming only CEC experience? if you did not claim, did CIC ask for reference letters for those 10 years when you mentioned that 10 yr exp in personal history?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
You only need to provide reference letters for the jobs mentioned in your Work History section. Jobs in your Personal History do not require documentation.
You will not be asked to explain why you chose not to claim points for the jobs in your Personal History.

Rpat

Oct 9, 2016
istari said:
You only need to provide reference letters for the jobs mentioned in your Work History section. Jobs in your Personal History do not require documentation.
You will not be asked to explain why you chose not to claim points for the jobs in your Personal History.
Appreciate your advice.

I have submitted electronic copy of work experience letter (while on study visa), will it conflict or misrepresentation if i say that i am not claiming the work experience and mentioning it in personal history. If i mentioned it in Personal history do i need to submit that letter and what if CIC need that reference letter and validate that experience with company as it in period of 5 years?

Thanks for your help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Rpat said:
Appreciate your advice.

I have submitted electronic copy of work experience letter (while on study visa), will it conflict or misrepresentation if i say that i am not claiming the work experience and mentioning it in personal history. If i mentioned it in Personal history do i need to submit that letter and what if CIC need that reference letter and validate that experience with company as it in period of 5 years?

Thanks for your help
You are sounding overly worried. You can provide whatever experience letters for their reference. Say you attached an experience letter without saying whether you claimed points for it or not (there is no official field for that). Some one evaluates it and thinks it does not meet CIC requirements, they would simply cancel any points gained by THAT letter / job. Since you already didn't claim any, it won't change any thing.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Ok guys wanted to ask,i have experience letters for my foreign work experience for more than 3 years already,should i submit them all or only choose 3 years of experience and thats it.thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Ok guys wanted to ask,i have experience letters for my foreign work experience for more than 3 years already,should i submit them all or only choose 3 years of experience and thats it.thanks
If you already have the letters, you may as well include them. But it isn't necessary.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
I have them all but not all the other supporting documents
You don't need other supporting documents; only the reference letter is required.

Edit: unless the work experience was in Canada ?
In which case, if you don't have all the necessary documents, don't bother adding the work experience to your Work Experience section, because it won't make a difference.

Reactions: Jiogill

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Similar situation here. I got ITA and put spouse's work experience into EE. Is it safe to remove it now and put it into personal history with explaining the situation? Or should I leave it there and explaining the situation in separate LOE? Sorry for the repeated question I just didnt see a clear opinion on this. Thank you!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
neorol said:
Similar situation here. I got ITA and put spouse's work experience into EE. Is it safe to remove it now and put it into personal history with explaining the situation? Or should I leave it there and explaining the situation in separate LOE? Sorry for the repeated question I just didnt see a clear opinion on this. Thank you!
If you scored points for spouse work experience then that would be an issue.

If you didn't, then thats not a problem. Even if you put experience letter there which is not sufficient, it won't change any thing. CIC would simply recalculate your score minus any points gained for that spousal work experience.

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Acked - this is the norm. In fact the same is done for personal / non relevant experience too.

E.g. i have 10+ years of experience. But i applied for CEC using in Canada experience only. Didn't claim any points for out of Canada experience so didnt put any of that until the actual application post ITA. Same for spouse. Many others i know personally did the same and all are PRs now.
Hi , How are you?

I shall request to support for following my queries.

I am going to fill EE profile. I am PA(Primary Applicant) with 8 years of WE AND My wife has 4 years of Work experience(Non Canadian experience-CWE).

My EE score is 330 and I am seeking PNP opportunity. If in the future my wife's occupation comes in demand under any PNP, I can apply on her behalf(By making her PA). This is the reason that I would like to mention my wife's 4 years of experience in WE section.

1) First option, If I create EE profile and mention all the 4 years of experience of my wife in EE profile NOW. Later after PNP nomination(OR ITA), Can I remove 2 years WE of my wife? At that time, 2 years of work experience will be in WE-section. total 4 years will be remain in personal history. Please tell me CAN I do like this or It may create any problem later?

2) Second option, If I create EE profile now and I do mention only 2 years of WE in WE-Section NOW. If in the future, My wife's occupation comes in demand CAN I add another 2 years of work experience at that time to avail maximum points of WE. In this situation, My wife will be PA and I need to create new EE profile.

Please advise me which option is better to ensure that there is no problem as a misrepresentation.

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi Istari , How are you?

I shall request to support for following my queries.

I am going to fill EE profile. I am PA(Primary Applicant) with 8 years of WE AND My wife has 4 years of Work experience(Non Canadian experience-CWE).

My EE score is 330 and I am seeking PNP opportunity. If in the future my wife's occupation comes in demand under any PNP, I can apply on her behalf(By making her PA). This is the reason that I would like to mention my wife's 4 years of experience in WE section.

1) First option, If I create EE profile and mention all the 4 years of experience of my wife in EE profile NOW. Later after PNP nomination(OR ITA), Can I remove 2 years WE of my wife? At that time, 2 years of work experience will be in WE-section. total 4 years will be remain in personal history. Please tell me CAN I do like this or It may create any problem later?

2) Second option, If I create EE profile now and I do mention only 2 years of WE in WE-Section NOW. If in the future, My wife's occupation comes in demand CAN I add another 2 years of work experience at that time to avail maximum points of WE. In this situation, My wife will be PA and I need to create new EE profile.

Please advise me which option is better to ensure that there is no problem as a misrepresentation.
You don't need other supporting documents; only the reference letter is required.

Edit: unless the work experience was in Canada ?
In which case, if you don't have all the necessary documents, don't bother adding the work experience to your Work Experience section, because it won't make a difference.

kattoch007

Jul 4, 2017
The thing is that I have filled in his work history in EE profile, although I wasn't getting points for that.
And now that I received ITA, my personal document checklist requires reference letters for spouse work experience(not Canadian work).

So i can't remove it from my profile already.
So in this case do we still need a detailed letter?
Hiii...
I am in the similar situation which you have already faced..... Can you please tell me what should I do at the place of spouse work-experience (post ITA, filling PR application),,,, which is not covering complete details like full-time employee or part-time,,,, According to your experience please suggest me....

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hiii...
I am in the similar situation which you have already faced..... Can you please tell me what should I do at the place of spouse work-experience (post ITA, filling PR application),,,, which is not covering complete details like full-time employee or part-time,,,, According to your experience please suggest me....
Remove it to personal history