+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work experience letter

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I am the main applicant and received my ITA in the beginning of January. My husband is accompanying me and has around 7 years of work experience as a financial analyst.

My question is: is it required for him to provide a work reference letter? If not, would it be advantageous or disadvantageous for us to go ahead and provide one anyway (corresponding to the appropriate NOC)?

Thank you in advance!

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi all,

I am the main applicant and received my ITA in the beginning of January. My husband is accompanying me and has around 7 years of work experience as a financial analyst.

My question is: is it required for him to provide a work reference letter? If not, would it be advantageous or disadvantageous for us to go ahead and provide one anyway (corresponding to the appropriate NOC)?

Thank you in advance!
You don’t need to provide information on work history of spouse or work reference letter IF their work experience did not add any points to your CRS score.

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

His work experience has not contributed to the CRS score.

Even so, would it add to our application in any way if we did provide a work reference letter for him?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

His work experience has not contributed to the CRS score.

Even so, would it add to our application in any way if we did provide a work reference letter for him?
Then, no need. I would recommend you simply mention in the LoE that since his work experience has not contributed to your CRS, you’ve not filled in his work experience details.

All the information you are providing post ITA is to prove that you got the CRS points on the basis of these documents. Keep the paperwork to the relevant details.

Reactions: moonpie92

Henry4

Apr 2, 2019
Then, no need. I would recommend you simply mention in the LoE that since his work experience has not contributed to your CRS, you’ve not filled in his work experience details.

All the information you are providing post ITA is to prove that you got the CRS points on the basis of these documents. Keep the paperwork to the relevant details.
Hi, could you say where do we submit the LOE?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
There should be a section called client information which is visible once you have your ITA and filled up all the forms.

Chaudharyritu

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

Thank you in advance!
Hi, can u please share did this worked for you. I am facing the same issue.. earlier i mentioned his exprience in work history but after ita now i wish to show this in personal history as my application is getting delayed just in waiting to acquire docs for my husband's non canadian work experience. So thinking of showing in personal history. Please help us.