+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work experience cancellation

madi281

Sep 30, 2018
  1. Hi

I have received my ITA and I am preparing my documents and completing the second phase of my application, where I have to provide more information about me and my family. I am the primary applicant but I have also mentioned my wife's work experience in the initial application. I am having trouble in arranging my wife's work experience letter. My question is;
    1) Am I allowed to delete my wife's work experience and declare her as a house wife?
    2) if yes, will it affect my application status.

Your help will be highly appreciated

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
  1. Hi

I have received my ITA and I am preparing my documents and completing the second phase of my application, where I have to provide more information about me and my family. I am the primary applicant but I have also mentioned my wife's work experience in the initial application. I am having trouble in arranging my wife's work experience letter. My question is;
    1) Am I allowed to delete my wife's work experience and declare her as a house wife?
    2) if yes, will it affect my application status.

Your help will be highly appreciated

You cannot change the information once it is submitted once you get your ITA. If, you decide to change it now, it will make assessment officer think twice considering you changed the information. Also, before claiming any work experience always make sure, that you have relevant documents or you are sure about getting them because once you submit the information, there is no going back.

Goodluck

madi281

Sep 30, 2018
You cannot change the information once it is submitted once you get your ITA. If, you decide to change it now, it will make assessment officer think twice considering you changed the information. Also, before claiming any work experience always make sure, that you have relevant documents or you are sure about getting them because once you submit the information, there is no going back.

Goodluck
Hi, Thank you for your reply. The only reason I am thinking of omitting her work experience is because her current employer is not willing to mention her salary, job description and working hours on the application. They have only mentioned that she is our permanent employee working with us since 1st Jan 2016.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, Thank you for your reply. The only reason I am thinking of omitting her work experience is because her current employer is not willing to mention her salary, job description and working hours on the application. They have only mentioned that she is our permanent employee working with us since 1st Jan 2016.
You can try and persuade him and make him/her understand that it is quite important and things may not workout in your favor if they choose not to mention that. If they are still adamant and not willing to mention it, there are always legal actions you can take.

Goodluck !

madi281

Sep 30, 2018
You can try and persuade him and make him/her understand that it is quite important and things may not workout in your favor if they choose not to mention that. If they are still adamant and not willing to mention it, there are always legal actions you can take.

Goodluck !
She is a kindergarten teacher, i don't think a legal action will be the right choice.