+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visitor visa

dangerjag

Jan 22, 2015
Hello guys.

I got married on December 2015 and i have applied for PR application and got file number. I want to apply for my wife Canada visitor visa .

Please advise.

Ques. 1 Should i apply for visitor visa ?

2 What is the success rate for spousal visitor visa ?

Thanks in advance.

sudhirindia

Apr 1, 2016
Getting Visitor Visa for spouse is hard..i would say 98% changes for rejection.
I did apply for my wife after my marriage before sponsorship application and NDVO rejected my wife's visa.
Worth it to apply.

I am also going to apply visitor visa for my wife after getting Application no and ARO2.
Let's see what happen..

I read somewhere in same platform; chances are more if you have US visa ....i don't no much truth on it....

What are the documents you are going to submit??

Sudhir

dangerjag said:
Hello guys.

I got married on December 2015 and i have applied for PR application and got file number. I want to apply for my wife Canada visitor visa .

Please advise.

Ques. 1 Should i apply for visitor visa ?

2 What is the success rate for spousal visitor visa ?

Thanks in advance.

dangerjag

Jan 22, 2015
Sudhir thanks for the information. I am planning to apply for visitor visa but I just wanna get suggestions from all other applicants. Is it worthy to apply or not ?

M

mikeymyke

sudhirindia said:
Getting Visitor Visa for spouse is hard..i would say 98% changes for rejection.
I did apply for my wife after my marriage before sponsorship application and NDVO rejected my wife's visa.
Worth it to apply.

I am also going to apply visitor visa for my wife after getting Application no and ARO2.
Let's see what happen..

I read somewhere in same platform; chances are more if you have US visa ....i don't no much truth on it....

What are the documents you are going to submit??

Sudhir
98% rejection? I guess my wife and I are in the 2% isn't that right? Although it's difficult to get a visitor visa as a spouse, it's definitely not a 98% rejection rate, not even close. Yes of course if you have a US visa your chances are improved, but that's not the only factor that goes into getting a visa.

In your case, your wife got rejected due to travel history, family ties, and finances. What did you send to CIC regarding these things? Probably not enough documentation. My wife and I sent enough documentation that constantly exceeded their file size limit, and we spent 3 days working on it, how about you?

I agree though that even if someone had a very good application, there's always a chance there's a rejection. But most of the time, it's truly dependent on what you can submit to them. My wife was married to me, had PR application pending, yet was successful in getting a TRV, and I credit that to the sheer amount of time and documentation we submitted.

dangerjag

Jan 22, 2015
Thanks mike for sharing your information . Yes i do have a US visa . As you said there are lot more factors to be consider in application. Currently she has a job at back home. We can provide that information. Financial condition is good and our family is at back home . We can provide all documentation which shows her mainly purpose is visit here. Rest is depend upon file officer.

Thanks again

M

mikeymyke

Most important things to show are:

-employment
-travel history
-family ties (more family back home vs Canada, the better)
-money in bank account
-ownership of assets or a business
-satisfactory purpose of visit

If your spouse is lacking in any of these areas, you should provide an explanation as to why this doesn't mean she won't be returning back home.