+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visitor visa..

guri193

Jun 21, 2015
hello everyone,

I am looking for advice that i am planning to apply my spouse visitor visa. we got married a few months ago. she has full time employment in India as a assistant professor in reputation college from last 4 years. Here in Canada i have permanent residency and already applied for her spouse sponsorship.

can someone give me advice on my case. are there anyone sailing on same boat??
experts advice can helpful for me

thanks
regards
Guri193

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

With a spousal sponsorship in process, it's not easy to get a TRV.... it is possible though

Your wife must prove that she has strong reasons to return to India.... this could include employment + property ownership/lease agreement + other family in India + financial situation + previous travel history, etc

You could post specific queries so that we can give suggestions

Cheers :)

ferda

Mar 18, 2015
Are you both living in India, or are you living in Canada and she is living in India? The government website says "eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed" so she can be in Canada with you even when she is not a permanent resident. I think the main thing to remember is that you need to prove that you can financially support your wife and that you can do this indefinitely, plus that she will not be asking for help from the government as support.

guri193

Jun 21, 2015
hello dear,
thanks for reply...she is in India and i am here in Canada.....can i apply for her under the open work permit pilot program...

thanks
regards
guri193

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks for reply...she is in India and i am here in Canada.....can i apply for her under the open work permit pilot program...
No, she cannot apply for an open work permit..... the pilot program is only for inland spouse PR applications (in Canada class PR applications)

samdiem

Apr 16, 2015
Hello Bryanna:
I am applying for visitor visa for my wife in Vietnam, she has 2 houses in her name, she has a good job, and she has $5500 CAD in her bank account plus 20,000,000VND in account, she has documents, that she will start the new construction on 1 of her house by march/2016, I have purchased medical insurance with maximum of coverage for her and already purchased the her round ticket paid for, plus $15000 CAD in my bank account, I own a good business and I am attaching 3 years financial of my business, and Im living alone in my own place.
we have been married for a year and half and we applied for permanent visa a year ago and we got a letter in April/2015 to wait for interview date.
I have visited my wife 5 times but each time 2-3 weeks, now we are asking for 2 months visitor visa that we can spent real time together during Christmas and new year.
Now: do you guys think that I need to add any thing ales to my visitor visa application just to make sure they wont have any excuses Huh??

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@samdiem

IMO, your wife has a strong case with properties/employment/finances. Can she also show family ties in Vietnam? 2 months is too long.... maybe she should keep the visit to 2-3 weeks and prepare a day-by-day itinerary.

As this is a Vietnam application, senior member mikeymyke is the best person to advise you for Vietnam-specific visa inputs

samdiem

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks Bryanna
she does have strong family ties and we are submitting that too.
reason that we are asking 2 months is berceuse in a last 2 years I have visited her 5 times each times 2-3 weeks and we stayed in hotels, we never had along time to spend with each others and I have a 4 years old daughter that never met my wife, but they talk to each others on Skype, and I want them to meet each other specially during the Christmas and new year time, and establish our family while we are waiting for interview. I have explained all in my invitation letter.
but still I want to make sure we are not missing anything or any mistake.
how do I find Mikeymyke ?
Thanks again.

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
Hi everyone I need advice about visitor visa for my spouse. Iam canadian citizen, iam with her in egypt now and I want to take her with me for a visit what should I do and how long is the processing of waiting for visitor
What is the requirement from me and her?

Thanx

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@samdiem

When one mentions a visit of 2 months or more, it means the employment ties are not strong. Hence, a 2-3 weeks visit (with maybe an extra week due to Christmas/New Year) would be best.

Also, do be careful about what you write in the invitation letter/reasons for the visit.

You can search for mikeymyke (search option).... or else do post a new message with his name in the subject

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
nass said:
Hi everyone I need advice about visitor visa for my spouse. Iam canadian citizen, iam with her in egypt now and I want to take her with me for a visit what should I do and how long is the processing of waiting for visitor
What is the requirement from me and her?

Thanx
Hi,

Do check this link (especially for Egypt): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

You can then post specific questions so we can help you

LondonMB

Sep 27, 2015
I have similar dilemma with the forum initiator.
My wife is in london and i have applied her family sponsorhip last may 2015. She is planning to visit me here in Canada on February 2015 by tourist visa.

I was wondering if she can apply open work permit since she is already inside Canada?
Without the need for LMIA.

Thanks

Vinz

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
LondonMB said:
I have similar dilemma with the forum initiator.
My wife is in london and i have applied her family sponsorhip last may 2015. She is planning to visit me here in Canada on February 2015 by tourist visa.

I was wondering if she can apply open work permit since she is already inside Canada?
Without the need for LMIA.

Thanks

Vinz
Hi Vinz,

Your post is a bit confusing.... is/was your wife in London and she intends to visit in February 2016 (next year).... or was she in Canada when you applied for her PR/is she still in Canada (since February 2015)?

If you applied for her PR as an inland application ie. under the Spouse and Common-law Partner in Canada class program (SCLPC class) then she is eligible for an open work permit if she has a valid temporary residence status.

If you applied for her PR while she was in London/if she is currently residing in London then she is not eligible for the open work permit under this pilot program.

Also, this pilot program is being run for one year (from December 22, 2014) after which CIC will review it. So this option may/may not be available next year when your wife visits

LondonMB

Sep 27, 2015
Thank you for your reply Brianna

We applied outside of Canada because she is living currently in UK. She is planning to visit me this February 2016 and I was hoping she can stay here for long. Aside from tourist, there is nothing I can think of now.

Thanks

Vinz