Spouse Visitor Visa while husband is PR and currently outside Canada

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members,
Please advise me on this.

I am a Canadian PR holder and got married last year in March, 2018. As I was living outside Canada, so I was not able to sponsor my wife. However, I oftenly travel to Canada and will move very soon permanently and then will sponsor her.

This summer my wife also wants to join me to visit. Can I apply her visitor visa?
Few points if helps:
1. She is currently working in dubai with me and can show job and funds.
2. Can her cousin (canadian citizen) sponsor her? As I cant being outside canada at the stage.
3. She has very good travel history, including 10 year USA travel visa, if this will help.

One point is sure that she ll return, as she will continue her job and at later stage can move permanently after PR. However, this does give a dual intention that she might not come back.

Please advice , how can i clarify this to immigration officer with letter and suggest how should i proceed in this matter.

Regards,
Abii

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Members,
Please advise me on this.

I am a Canadian PR holder and got married last year in March, 2018. As I was living outside Canada, so I was not able to sponsor my wife. However, I oftenly travel to Canada and will move very soon permanently and then will sponsor her.

This summer my wife also wants to join me to visit. Can I apply her visitor visa?
You may want to go through these threads to get some pointers:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-not-landed-yet-want-to-apply-his-wife-non-accompanying-trv-need-help.534970/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-for-my-wife.514908/

Few points if helps:
1. She is currently working in dubai with me and can show job and funds.
She must include evidence that you (not only her) will be returning to Dubai after a short visit. She must prove she has exceptionally strong ties to both Dubai + her home country.

Also, don't mention about wanting to sponsor her for PR or about you wanting to return to Canada soon. Do keep to the TRV aspects, without drawing attention to the spousal PR or your RO.

2. Can her cousin (canadian citizen) sponsor her? As I cant being outside canada at the stage.
Yes, her cousin can *host* (not *sponsor*) her and offer to provide accommodation, etc.

3. She has very good travel history, including 10 year USA travel visa, if this will help.
Do check if she is eligible to apply under CAN+ processing based on her passport. Nonetheless, she must prove her strong ties and finances even if she applies under CAN+

One point is sure that she ll return, as she will continue her job and at later stage can move permanently after PR. However, this does give a dual intention that she might not come back.
Answered above. Also, evidence will work, not just statements

Reactions: abiisharma

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may want to go through these threads to get some pointers:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-not-landed-yet-want-to-apply-his-wife-non-accompanying-trv-need-help.534970/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-for-my-wife.514908/

She must include evidence that you (not only her) will be returning to Dubai after a short visit. She must prove she has exceptionally strong ties to both Dubai + her home country.

Also, don't mention about wanting to sponsor her for PR or about you wanting to return to Canada soon. Do keep to the TRV aspects, without drawing attention to the spousal PR or your RO.

Yes, her cousin can *host* (not *sponsor*) her and offer to provide accommodation, etc.

Do check if she is eligible to apply under CAN+ processing based on her passport. Nonetheless, she must prove her strong ties and finances even if she applies under CAN+

Answered above. Also, evidence will work, not just statements
Thank you Bryanna for sharing details. I went through the URL you shared, it is motivting that visas are getting approved. I will use those details.

Also, I tried looking further on CAN+ processing, but it eventually sends me to same application form in CIC to apply. Though I will clearly put her US visa details in application, if it helps.

I have written below Purpose of Travel -Letter, if anthing I should include/eclude from it? Please advise.

=====
To,

The Visa Officer,

Canadian Immigration Office

Subject: Visitor Visa Request

Thank you for your time to read this letter.

My name is XXXX and I am applying for a visa to travel and stay in Canada for 2 weeks, in order to visit my cousin in Vancouver, British Colombia (Canada). I am a teacher in Syscoms College Institute in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

My extended family from my father side lives in British Colombia and Alberta. My cousin sister and her husband has been staying in Vancouver, BC for 8 years, and during that time period I haven’t had chance to visit them, so therefore, I would like to visit them. I have enclosed there invitation letter with my application. The reason in spite my Husband being Canadian Permanent Residency Holder is not able to sponsor me because at present, he is outside Canada living with me in United Arab Emirates (UAE). And due to his leaves unavailability, he cannot join us for travel.

During my visit, I have planned to visit, National Parks, Capilano Suspension Bridge and country side which I heard is very beautiful. All my lodging and necessities have already been planned and taken care of. During my period of stay, I will be staying with my cousin sister and her husband in their house for 2 weeks. However, my all other expenses related to travel, food, airfare, gifts etc. I will be taking care myself. If time will permit, I will try to visit my cousin brother too in Alberta.

My UAE Residency, USA Travel Visa details, employment details, proof of funds and my air travel itenary is attached hereto.

Thank you very much for considering my request and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX