+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visitor visa on my visa basis

sidanaravin

Dec 23, 2017
if i am having us B1/B2 visitor visa . Now i want to apply for my wife visitor visa for canada . when i fill the form for her online then it asks " Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. "
what does the last line " This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time " mean.

if i have US visitor visa and if she will be travelling with me at this time , then the answer should be yes or no as she is not having us visitor visa but i have.
i am confused

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
if i am having us B1/B2 visitor visa . Now i want to apply for my wife visitor visa for canada . when i fill the form for her online then it asks " Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. "
what does the last line " This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time " mean.

if i have US visitor visa and if she will be travelling with me at this time , then the answer should be yes or no as she is not having us visitor visa but i have.
i am confused
Hi,

The US and Canada are two different countries. Also, visas are issued separately to individual applicants.

You have been asked these questions to determine whether or not you are eligible for CAN+ processing (of course, it also depends on the country of your passport). As your wife does not have a US B1/B2 visa, you must asnwer 'No'

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

i am confused
1. The answer is No, as you are filling the application for your wife, and she doesn't have a US visa.

sidanaravin

Dec 23, 2017
Hi,

The US and Canada are two different countries. Also, visas are issued separately to individual applicants.

You have been asked these questions to determine whether or not you are eligible for CAN+ processing (of course, it also depends on the country of your passport). As your wife does not have a US B1/B2 visa, you must asnwer 'No'

Cheers
Then what is the mean of this "This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. "

sidanaravin

Dec 23, 2017
HI

1. The answer is No, as you are filling the application for your wife, and she doesn't have a US visa.
if it is so then why they have written "This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. "

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
if it is so then why they have written "This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. "
They are talking about your family members who will travel with you but their or yours visa history are individuals applications. Yes if you can obtain B1/B2 visa for your wife before canada they might not consider it again unless you will travel to Usa first with your wife. Then you can get benefits of Can+

Reactions: Riar1992

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your wife and you have two separate passports.

Visas issued by any country are always issued for one individual. One visa cannot be used more than one person.

Your US B1/B2 issued to you grants only you entry to the US. To be able to travel/get an entry to the US, your wife must apply for a US B1/B2 visa separately. She cannot travel/enter the US on your US visa.

Your answer to the Question: "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time."..... is 'No'

If you answer 'Yes' to that question, there's a possibility that your wife could be issued a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation and false information.

BTW you would need to apply for a Canada TRV/visitor visa for yourself as well. Your US B1/B2 visa does not give you entry into Canada

manigill

Nov 25, 2017
Hi bryanna..I need one advice from you...my canada tourist visa just approved 2 days back...bt now I don't have any planning go to canada bcoz I m going back to my job...just tell me is it compulsory i have to go canada once within 6 month...bcoz someone told if I will not go then my visa will be cancelled...nd I will not go canada with this visa in future..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryanna..I need one advice from you...my canada tourist visa just approved 2 days back...bt now I don't have any planning go to canada bcoz I m going back to my job...just tell me is it compulsory i have to go canada once within 6 month...bcoz someone told if I will not go then my visa will be cancelled...nd I will not go canada with this visa in future..
Hi,

You can travel anytime during the validity of your visa. There's no restriction that you must travel within 6 months of the visa issue date. And, if you don't travel, your visa will not be cancelled

Cheers

manigill

Nov 25, 2017
Hi,

You can travel anytime during the validity of your visa. There's no restriction that you must travel within 6 months of the visa issue date. And, if you don't travel, your visa will not be cancelled

Cheers
Thx bryanna...someone told I have to travel within 6 month otherwise visa will be cancelled...that is y I was confused..thx once again

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Thx bryanna...someone told I have to travel within 6 month otherwise visa will be cancelled...that is y I was confused..thx once again
Congratulations Manigill,
Glad to know that you have got visa. Please share the details and validity :)