+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visiting CANADA while 'outland' Spousal sponsorship in PROCESS

reznik

Aug 30, 2012
hi all,

i'm a canadian citizen sponsoring my argentine wife. i will be sending our application in the next couple of weeks.
my wife is coming to visit at the end of next month and planning on staying for 5-6 months.
she already has a VISITOR visa.
she already has a return ticket from canada to argentina in July.

but we're not sure if they will give her any problems at the border when she arrives, because by then the application would be in process [1 month after applying].
in my mind, there wouldn't be a problem because we simply want to see each other! since i had to come back to canada to finish up my final term in university [thesis].
but we don't know what to expect at the border, and if there would be any issues...

any ideas? any past experiences? please help!!
we're getting so overwhelmed with all the unknowns! ???

thank you in advance.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Tell them that you're applying for residency (you can show e.g. a copy of the payment stub as proof) and make it clear that you know the rules and that your wife will leave the country before her visa expires. Having a return ticket is very good as well. It also helps if you can prove her ties to Argentina somehow.

reznik

Aug 30, 2012
Swede said:
Tell them that you're applying for residency (you can show e.g. a copy of the payment stub as proof) and make it clear that you know the rules and that your wife will leave the country before her visa expires. Having a return ticket is very good as well. It also helps if you can prove her ties to Argentina somehow.
thank you for your response.
i won't be travelling with her as i'm already in canada.
but i guess taking all the documents with her and her return flight and even her property ownership papers to prove that she has connections back home...