prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi
I am so sorry to hear that ...
Your spouse is working in Canada with PGWP?
Have you applied for a visa from your home country or a third country?
Please advice ...
My spouse is not in Canada . applied from home country .
Plan was to get a VV and then apply for Spousal Sponsorship. But didnt work out

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
My spouse is not in Canada . applied from home country .
Plan was to get a VV and then apply for Spousal Sponsorship. But didnt work out
Thanks for your reply .
So your spouse is having study permit or PGWP but staying with you in your home country.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Thanks for your reply .
So your spouse is having study permit or PGWP but staying with you in your home country.
Oh no , I am PR living in Canada and my spouse doesnt have any visa for Canada living in home country.
I have applied behalf of my spouse.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Oh no , I am PR living in Canada and my spouse doesnt have any visa for Canada living in home country.
I have applied behalf of my spouse.
Oh my god for PR holder spouse visit visa application also will get rejected.

My spouse is working under PGWP and I applied earlier to SOWP but got refused after 11 months. So planning to apply now Vv from India.

Thanks for your reply.

So now you want to apply Vv again or Spousal Sponsorship and I think it will take 12 months right.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other

My spouse is working under PGWP and I applied earlier to SOWP but got refused after 11 months. So planning to apply now Vv from India.

Thanks for your reply.

So now you want to apply Vv again or Spousal Sponsorship and I think it will take 12 months right.
Yeah they reject PR-spuse VV because of family ties in canada which implies the spouse might not return back. which is true in a way because a lot of spouse land first and then apply for inland spouse sponsorship.
which should be allowed by IRCC as it re-unites the family but not sure why they reject anyways.

I am applying for Outland spouse sponsorship as i cant cost multiple VV rejections .

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Yeah they reject PR-spouse VV because of family ties in canada which implies the spouse might not return back. which is true in a way because a lot of spouse land first and then apply for inland spouse sponsorship.
which should be allowed by IRCC as it re-unites the family but not sure why they reject anyways.

I am applying for Outland spouse sponsorship as i cant cost multiple VV rejections .
I really don't understand, they will approve for parents easily but not for spouse. My parents and inlaws got approval in first try itself,but not for spouse. spouse vv got rejected twice already, now planning for sponsorship. I heard that sponsorship also has high rejection rates. Why do they do like this for spouse

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
I really don't understand, they will approve for parents easily but not for spouse. My parents and inlaws got approval in first try itself,but not for spouse. spouse vv got rejected twice already, now planning for sponsorship. I heard that sponsorship also has high rejection rates. Why do they do like this for spouse
As much i understand , They are scrutinizing to prove "Marriage of convenience" to avoid people to use marriage as source of immigration . hence the delays and rejections.

Last edited:

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
As much i understand , They are scrutinizing to prove "Marriage of convenience" to avoid people to use marriage as source of immigration . hence the delays and rejections.
What did you submit as proof of marriage? Also how long have you been married? I got married 1.5 years ago and I submitted only marriage certificate. Would that be a reason for rejection?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015

Thanks for your reply.

IRCC Does not grant VV or any kind of Visa to spouse , if you are PR holder. (i Have seen many cases got rejected )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC Does not grant VV or any kind of Visa to spouse , if you are PR holder. (i Have seen many cases got rejected )
It used to be pretty rare for spouses of PRs and citizens to be approved but there has been more approvals since Covid. Many times spouses have received TRV after their sponsorship application has been processing for multiple months. When there were delays in processing for sponsorships more TRVs were approved when spouses had been waiting for close to a year.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Oh my case is exact same. I also applied on 7th march from Pakistan and had biometrics and medical from previous sowp application which is in process. But there's no update in visitor visa application. Kindly stay in touch
Hi ,
So you applied first SOWP and a little later applied for a Visitor visa.
I think now IRCC new portal Visitor visa is also taking more than 1 month processing time is that correct?
I am planning to apply so please advise.
I applied earlier for SOWP and got rejected after 11 months from UAE. So now planning to apply from India for myself and my kids. So I need to apply the first SOWP and after a week apply for a Visitor visa and in Vv application have to show in the letter my SOWP also in process?

Akmam Khan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Hi ,
So you applied first SOWP and a little later applied for a Visitor visa.
I think now IRCC new portal Visitor visa is also taking more than 1 month processing time is that correct?
I am planning to apply so please advise.
I applied earlier for SOWP and got rejected after 11 months from UAE. So now planning to apply from India for myself and my kids. So I need to apply the first SOWP and after a week apply for a Visitor visa and in Vv application have to show in the letter my SOWP also in process?
Yes you can do that but no need to mention in vv application. They'll ask if you have uci number just mention that in application

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Anyone who recently received a spouse visitor visa from April 2022 to present.

I applied May month spouse visitor visa + kids vv and there is no update.