+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visa

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
My case for PGWP is under judicial review.My wife got admission in master's programe in Canada.She will be applying for study permit.What impact my case can have on her application.Please advise

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
seeking light said:
My case for PGWP is under judicial review.My wife got admission in master's programe in Canada.She will be applying for study permit.What impact my case can have on her application.Please advise
What are the details of your Judicial Review ? Is your wife involved other than listed as a first order relative ? What court is it before ? The grossly backlogged Federal Court ? I don't think there are lawyers trolling these forums to give you the quality advice you might need. If you don't have a lawyer, have you considered just asking your wife to apply and see what happens ? About all I can tell you, with confidence, is that on non-immigration issues, if it's the Federal Court of Canada, they are pretty much hostile to "Lay Litigants" (people without lawyers filing cases ) and they are back logged by years. I have no experience with the Fed Court on immigration matters, so I can't say anything about that. If your wife has a question mark over her head because of something before the Courts, I would guess that they won't touch her application until your case clears the Courts, in your favour.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

seeking light said:

Its obvious there will be no impact. Looks like your case isn't under Judicial review, but you are seeking a judicial review.