01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
Hi,

Guys my wife will be flying in Toronto in 2 weeks with her PR visa in her passport (inshalla), what I need to know is, what should she do at the airport? where should she go after passport control?

She has traveled to Toronto a few times as a visitor, but I told her I think its different and she will have to do some extra steps after she she passes the passport control

What documents should she get from the airport before leaving?
Will they ask her questions like Canadain address and phone etc.......

Thx

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Bilaldxb said:
Hi,

Guys my wife will be flying in Toronto in 2 weeks with her PR visa in her passport (inshalla), what I need to know is, what should she do at the airport? where should she go after passport control?

She has traveled to Toronto a few times as a visitor, but I told her I think its different and she will have to do some extra steps after she she passes the passport control

Thx
Hi Bilal,

Click on the link below and it should take you to a forum page where members including me have posted about the landing process.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-process-t110396.0.html

Below is my experience too:

I have been to Canada few times even though I am not from a visa excempt
country so was kinda familiar with what to expect . The visa and the custom officer were both very friendly and the whole process didn't take more than 15 mins.

Once you are on your way flying to Canada you will receive a landing card to be filled for the immigration. This is a card given to everyone regardless if you are a Canadian citizen or not. You fill the card on the plane and when arrive at the immigration counter the officer there will ask you the purpose of your trip today. Explain them that you are a new immigrant. They will write 'I' on your care and ask you to go in the hall behind them where the immigration officer will ask you few questions. Reading on the forum each person is asked different questions. In my case the lady officer asked my wife when she immigrated to Canada and was it with her family or individual? That was it she stamped my COPR and cancelled my visa on the passport and asked me to go to baggage claim and if I had any goods to follow to declare I will be given directions on what to do by the custom officer.

The custom officer asked me what goods I was bringing and what will be following. I didn't have any goods to declare except my one watch that I was wearing and the other two that I will be bringing in later. Few paper works n some generic questions and off I was out of the door.

I would say the process is very easy and stress free.

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bilaldxb said:
Hi,

Thx
Hi Bilaldxb,
I wanna ask you about the medical, you wrote that your spouse did it on 30-8-2011 that means it is expired!!! and they gave her the visa so did they extend the medical? did they tell her about that?

thanks in advance

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
lele said:
Hi Bilaldxb,
I wanna ask you about the medical, you wrote that your spouse did it on 30-8-2011 that means it is expired!!! and they gave her the visa so did they extend the medical? did they tell her about that?

thanks in advance
Hi,
My wife did her medical 1 month before it expired. and I emailed them the green paper.

My advice is just redo the medical because it takes between 4-6 weeks to get updated in the system.

hope that helps

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
bu ayaan said:
Hi Bilal,

Click on the link below and it should take you to a forum page where members including me have posted about the landing process.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-process-t110396.0.html

Below is my experience too:

I have been to Canada few times even though I am not from a visa excempt
country so was kinda familiar with what to expect . The visa and the custom officer were both very friendly and the whole process didn't take more than 15 mins.

Once you are on your way flying to Canada you will receive a landing card to be filled for the immigration. This is a card given to everyone regardless if you are a Canadian citizen or not. You fill the card on the plane and when arrive at the immigration counter the officer there will ask you the purpose of your trip today. Explain them that you are a new immigrant. They will write 'I' on your care and ask you to go in the hall behind them where the immigration officer will ask you few questions. Reading on the forum each person is asked different questions. In my case the lady officer asked my wife when she immigrated to Canada and was it with her family or individual? That was it she stamped my COPR and cancelled my visa on the passport and asked me to go to baggage claim and if I had any goods to follow to declare I will be given directions on what to do by the custom officer.

The custom officer asked me what goods I was bringing and what will be following. I didn't have any goods to declare except my one watch that I was wearing and the other two that I will be bringing in later. Few paper works n some generic questions and off I was out of the door.

I would say the process is very easy and stress free.
thx for the link and for the infor

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie and just posted twice on this site. Here's our timeline:

Application filed: may 16, 2012
Application received: may 17,2012
Meds done: april, 2012
AOR received: Aug. 15, 2012
Approval letter: Sept. 11, 2012

They said they are going to send my file to abu dhabi. So how long do i have to wait? Are they sending AOR? Or any confirmation that they received our file?

Thanks!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Tsichi15 said:
Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie and just posted twice on this site. Here's our timeline:

Application filed: may 16, 2012
Application received: may 17,2012
Meds done: april, 2012
AOR received: Aug. 15, 2012
Approval letter: Sept. 11, 2012

They said they are going to send my file to abu dhabi. So how long do i have to wait? Are they sending AOR? Or any confirmation that they received our file?

Thanks!
Hi,

Abu Dhabi doesn't send any AOR or any confirmation you just have to wait to hear from them.

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
bu ayaan did you get IMM 5292 back with your passport?

When you got back your passport did they send anything else with it?

Thx

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Bilaldxb said:
bu ayaan did you get IMM 5292 back with your passport?

When you got back your passport did they send anything else with it?

Thx
They will send you your passport along with CPR paper that has two copies. The first one will have your pic on it and the second one is the same just without your pic. You need to bring these both along with your passport when entering Canada!

memo2012

Feb 29, 2012
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2012
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
Hi all
Please I need your help to know when I'll get the immigration visa . is it soon or no ??
I'm living in Saudi Arabia ( Riyadh )
my wife living in Canada and she applied my file on 29 FEB 2012
the medical exam and the police clearance submitted in the file
25 July 2012 the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi request me to fill some forms ( RESIDENCY_QUESTIONNAIRE + IMM5549 - Supplementary Information Form ) and remake the police clearance again plus the passports copies and the visa fees ( 490$ )
I sent all the requested documents on 11 Sep 2012 to Canadian embassy in AD.
the Canadian Embassy received it on 13 Sep 2012
my medical exam will expire on 17 Jan 2012
please Now I need to know the next step and how much time it will take to start the process and when
Waiting your reply
thanks in advance

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
memo2012 said:
Hi all
Please I need your help to know when I'll get the immigration visa . is it soon or no ??
I'm living in Saudi Arabia ( Riyadh )
my wife living in Canada and she applied my file on 29 FEB 2012
the medical exam and the police clearance submitted in the file
25 July 2012 the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi request me to fill some forms ( RESIDENCY_QUESTIONNAIRE + IMM5549 - Supplementary Information Form ) and remake the police clearance again plus the passports copies and the visa fees ( 490$ )
I sent all the requested documents on 11 Sep 2012 to Canadian embassy in AD.
the Canadian Embassy received it on 13 Sep 2012
my medical exam will expire on 17 Jan 2012
please Now I need to know the next step and how much time it will take to start the process and when
Waiting your reply
thanks in advance
No one knows how's long it will take. The average processing time from AD is 27 months.

memo2012

Feb 29, 2012
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2012
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
good morning bu ayaan

27 month !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: no waaaay you are kidding ::)
what i know and i read on the forums and the internet it takes 1 year maximum specially now they want to finish all pending applications ( Family class )
also in this post i saw many people receive it between 7 -9 month

any one applied his application on Jan or Feb 2012 ??

thanks

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
memo2012 said:
good morning bu ayaan

27 month !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: no waaaay you are kidding ::)
what i know and i read on the forums and the internet it takes 1 year maximum specially now they want to finish all pending applications ( Family class )
also in this post i saw many people receive it between 7 -9 month

any one applied his application on Jan or Feb 2012 ??

thanks
Yes there are a few people who have been lucky but that's total luck! You have to keep the average processing time in mind when applying or in process because that's how long 80% of applications take.

memo2012

Feb 29, 2012
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2012
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
thank you bu ayaan
I hope the process time finish very soon ....

thanks

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
memo2012 said:
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
thank you bu ayaan
I hope the process time finish very soon ....

thanks
You can see my timelines in my signatures. My case was very straight forward but it took them 29 months. I have sent my passport today but as other friends mentioned, it all depends on luck and your application...