Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
they say it takes 10 business days but I think thats for the summer time when they are very busy,
My wife is going to submit her passport inshalla next week.

has any one submitted a passport in the last 2-3 months? and how long did it take?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Bilaldxb said:
they say it takes 10 business days but I think thats for the summer time when they are very busy,
My wife is going to submit her passport inshalla next week.

has any one submitted a passport in the last 2-3 months? and how long did it take?
I did and like I said it could take anytime between 2 - 3 weeks before u get it back!

kire3

May 24, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Hi kire,

When they request ur passport they mostly tell u the timeline which is 2 - 3 weeks. Did u get a passport request?
Yes Bu got a passport request. Already sent last week and i'm hoping it will be return earlier..thank you.. :)

kire3

May 24, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Thanks Bu! I'm sharing my timeline below. Did they send you an email that they are returning your passport?

We received your application for permanent residence on February 7, 2012.
We started processing your application on August 16, 2012.
PPR: Aug. 21, 2012

Thanks

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
kire3 said:
Thanks Bu! I'm sharing my timeline below. Did they send you an email that they are returning your passport?

We received your application for permanent residence on February 7, 2012.
We started processing your application on August 16, 2012.
PPR: Aug. 21, 2012

Thanks
No just keep checking your Aramex tracking number that's the only way to know when your passport left!

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
They asked me to cancel my UAE visa and then submit my passport and as kire3 mentioned, they wrote it can take upto 10 working days to return passport.

Do you recommend to send it via Aramex or i personally go to embassy to submit it? They have kept both options open for submission but return is only through Aramex...

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
zeeshee said:
They asked me to cancel my UAE visa and then submit my passport and as kire3 mentioned, they wrote it can take upto 10 working days to return passport.

Do you recommend to send it via Aramex or i personally go to embassy to submit it? They have kept both options open for submission but return is only through Aramex...
Either ways its the same so you see what you feel comfortable with. If you live in Abu Dhabi and the embassy is close to you then submit it.

Good luck and congrats again!

vultds

Aug 22, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Hi vultds,

The 24 months is for 80% of the applications processed. Hopefully if you have presented the right documents and your case is straight then it shouldn't take you more than 7 months like me and few others who have posted here!

Good luck!

I hired a reputable immigration law firm in Canada to represent us and make sure the applications are filled out properly and everything is included and presented in a organized manner. I'm not sure if this will help me but it i'll tell you, lawyers are not cheap!! So I would imagine all my documents are in place and i'm sure she meets all the requirements having a masters degree and working as a critical care nurse for several years.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
bu ayaan said:
Either ways its the same so you see what you feel comfortable with. If you live in Abu Dhabi and the embassy is close to you then submit it.

Good luck and congrats again!
Thanks dear. I am in Dubai but still i will go myself to submit just for my satisfaction....
They asked me submit resignation letter and proof that resign is accepted. WIll my resign email and acceptance email from HR enough for it or i need to ask my company to give me a letter stating resign is accepted? Any advice on this please?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
zeeshee said:
Thanks dear. I am in Dubai but still i will go myself to submit just for my satisfaction....
They asked me submit resignation letter and proof that resign is accepted. WIll my resign email and acceptance email from HR enough for it or i need to ask my company to give me a letter stating resign is accepted? Any advice on this please?
I think the email should be a good enough!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Just received my PR card. Landed on 18 July... Card received 10 September! Total 39 business days and if I take out the two days off for the long weekend 37 business days in total!

Mission accomplished!!!

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
bu ayaan said:
Just received my PR card. Landed on 18 July... Card received 10 September! Total 39 business days and if I take out the two days off for the long weekend 37 business days in total!

Mission accomplished!!!
Congrats man.. Thanks for sharing the details. From your signatures i see that u got ur passport stamped with visa in 5 days from abu dhabi. Is it right?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
zeeshee said:
Congrats man.. Thanks for sharing the details. From your signatures i see that u got ur passport stamped with visa in 5 days from abu dhabi. Is it right?
Thanks... No its the visa issue date and not the passport delivery date. I got my passport back after 12 days!