waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Mrs. tasleem said:
Hello every one. This is my 2nd post to this website (its a duplicate since i cant link on here). However, I have visited it numorous times.
to begin with thanks to Missmini for posting the link to gaafaa's story... on another link for;
Re: Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office .... it that gave me a lot of hope for my case :)

I am a canadian citizen, I have applied for my husband. he resides in dubai and is a pakistani national. our time line is as follows:

file was received in missisaga on Sep 21st, 2011
file transfered to abu dhabi on Nov 21st, 2011
file opened in abu dhabi on Jan 24th, 2012
we received additional doc request on jan 24th as well --- (detail below)
they receieved our doc on Feb 5th i believe (we knew through our tracking number)
online it showed they started processing our case on March 4th , 2012
Now on April 11th, 2012 we received an email saying send your passport, we are ready to issue visa

Now the documents that were requested 1 was a RESIDENCY QUESTIONAIRE for me - the sponsor - since i visited my husband in nov after applying, the embassy was concerned with where am i living?. 2nd was his back ground information document since we missed a month or 2 in the personal history column and also his address PO box number was written wrong in one of the columns - (my mistake)

So i wish this time line of our case, gives hope to ppl out there. the embasy is processing cases really fast now. given that the paper work is strong. apart from that one mistake of po box number my file was very strong. i had a lot of picutres from after wedding, the 2 visits to dubai - pics, boarding passes and my expenses under his name. we skyped a lot and i printed our convos, phone bills etc.

so all together it took 7 months ..... he got his pasport back today as of April 23rd. just a day before our 1st weding aniversary :)
u welcome Mrs tasleem, glad it helped and gave u a positive vibe :) happy that u r done so fast

good luck for the ones still waiting!! :)

PaleYas

Mar 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
I was just checking ecas and there it shows that the medical results have been received :D hopefully next will be PPR!!
Hi Bu ayaa,

It says on my ecas the medical has been received.I sent it while my application. it says the application has been received as well. they emailed the questioner and list of req doc's. I mailed everything to them. Does it mean they are processing it?
I never heard from there since. It's been a month since I maid them the doc's and it only says application has been received. Would you know when would I hear from them again?

Please advise,

Thanks

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
PaleYas said:
Hi Bu ayaa,

It says on my ecas the medical has been received.I sent it while my application. it says the application has been received as well. they emailed the questioner and list of req doc's. I mailed everything to them. Does it mean they are processing it?
I never heard from there since. It's been a month since I maid them the doc's and it only says application has been received. Would you know when would I hear from them again?

Please advise,

Thanks
If they are in contact with you that means that there is some progress hopefully. I have no idea when you would hear from them again. Every case differs from the other.

In my case I didnt send any medical with my application so I was asked in March to do one. I am assuming that this would be the last stage but not sure.

Would you like to share your timeline? When was ur application filed? received? and forwarded to your visa office?.....

thanks,

PaleYas

Mar 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
If they are in contact with you that means that there is some progress hopefully. I have no idea when you would hear from them again. Every case differs from the other.

In my case I didnt send any medical with my application so I was asked in March to do one. I am assuming that this would be the last stage but not sure.

Would you like to share your timeline? When was ur application filed? received? and forwarded to your visa office?.....

thanks,
Thank you for the info,

CIC received my application on Sept 28, 2011
CIC mailed My application to Abu Dhabi on Dec 21, 2011.
I received an email from the embassy on Feb 21, 2012. It included the questioner and list of req doc's.
I mailed them back the questioner and the req doc's on April 6, 2012. It took me so long to get one of the documents from the Saudi Immigration.
Since then I have never heard back from them.
Since Sept 28, 2011 the ecas says medical has been received and the application has been received. It's never been updated since.

Thanks,

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
If you see my and your timeline are almost the same. I was requested additional documents on Feb 20 and you were a day after. But no one can say who will get the passport request first or any other documents required by the visa office in future. It all depends from one case to the other.

Hopefully we all will get soon :)

amalad

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th June
File Transfer...
7th September
Hi all,

Congrats for passport request. I my evade got updated today with "decision made" but with no passport request !!!! Is it a bad sign? I was not able to get entry/ exit records from UAE immigration!!

Please let me know when's ur ecase got updated with decision made.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Yaaay I just received my passport request today!! :D

They have asked me to send in my passport, 3 pics and a copy of my sponsors passport with the stamp that her gcc residency has been cancelled.

The whole process took exactly 7 months!!

PaleYas

Mar 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:

They have asked me to send in my passport, 3 pics and a copy of my sponsors passport with the stamp that her gcc residency has been cancelled.

Congrats, I am very happy for you. I sent u a message. Please check your inbox.

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
bu ayaan said:

Congrats for the visa issuance, but plz i have a question if u can answer..

My husband sponsored me. I was working in abu dhabi and i have a residence, then i left the country and urgently went back to Leb without cancelling the residence. Do i have to cancel the UAE residence before the issuance of the canadian permanent residence?
Thank u in advance!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Kat-H said:
Congrats for the visa issuance, but plz i have a question if u can answer..

My husband sponsored me. I was working in abu dhabi and i have a residence, then i left the country and urgently went back to Leb without cancelling the residence. Do i have to cancel the UAE residence before the issuance of the canadian permanent residence?
Thank u in advance!!
Kat, i think the residency is automatically cancelled if u stay outside the country for more than 6 months, no? and anyway it has an expiry date which probably will pass soon....CIC knows that too

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
missmini said:
Kat, i think the residency is automatically cancelled if u stay outside the country for more than 6 months, no? and anyway it has an expiry date which probably will pass soon....CIC knows that too
this is 100 % true, but what i mean is that do they have to see the stamp on the residence in the passport?
thanks missmini :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Kat-H said:
this is 100 % true, but what i mean is that do they have to see the stamp on the residence in the passport?
thanks missmini :)
noone knows....but even if the stamp is not there (although it would have been better to b) they know u cannot return to UAE with that visa (maybe u r even banned, since i have the impression, u didn't let the company know of ur planned long term leave)...for them the visa cancellation is imp for ppl currently residing in UAE or Gulf, as clear proof of their intent to leave.....u left already, u don't have to what to go back.........................but hope u did declare that u were in UAE....if that's really an interest for them and they maybe think u r in UAE right now ::) they might ask for official entry/exit stamps from UAE - just to make sure that u r not there anymore.....but maybe they won't :) don't think abt that now

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
missmini said:
noone knows....but even if the stamp is not there (although it would have been better to b) they know u cannot return to UAE with that visa (maybe u r even banned, since i have the impression, u didn't let the company know of ur planned long term leave)...for them the visa cancellation is imp for ppl currently residing in UAE or Gulf, as clear proof of their intent to leave.....u left already, u don't have to what to go back.........................but hope u did declare that u were in UAE....if that's really an interest for them and they maybe think u r in UAE right now ::) they might ask for official entry/exit stamps from UAE - just to make sure that u r not there anymore.....but maybe they won't :) don't think abt that now
I was honest with them, i told them that i was working in uae and then left the country...the residence will automatically become invalid next month(6 month since my departing UAE). I hope they don't ask for a stamp..anyway,thanks for ur help missmini:)

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi Kat, sorry for the late reply. In most cases from what I have read they usually ask you to get exit and entry records from the uae immigration department. Hope thats not the case with you. I would suggest keep your boarding pass and ticket copy with you in hand just incase they ask for proof that you have left the country.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Even though I thought I had sent them sufficient proofs that me and my spouse are planning to move together they still did ask me to cancel my wife's residency and send them a copy of the passport which I did today. They even focussed on this thing the most during their first and only email they sent me in feb that if my case will be approved i will be asked to cancel my sponsor's residency before I will be issued a visa!! which turned out to be true!!