+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa OWP. Can I travel now.?

sijuninan

Jul 29, 2019
Please help.. I have my open work permit and it's written category w1 worker on my passport stamp, my wife is a student in Canada and I had applied through her as sponsor. Kindly assist, If I could travel to Canada on the new exemption for temporary foreign workers. I have my tickets booked on 22nd Apr. I need ur advice on this. Thanks in advance.

rk1234

Jun 25, 2020
Please help.. I have my open work permit and it's written category w1 worker on my passport stamp, my wife is a student in Canada and I had applied through her as sponsor. Kindly assist, If I could travel to Canada on the new exemption for temporary foreign workers. I have my tickets booked on 22nd Apr. I need ur advice on this. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm in similar situation, where you able to enter Canada? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hi, I'm a temporary foreign worker on open work permit. I just want to say I am able to come here last August while my spouse is already in Canada also as TFW. If you have a pre approved letter for your visa then that's no issue. Problem will be at the airport if you don't have employment waiting for you in Canada they won't let you in. Was denied the first time for boarding but was able to board the 2nd time when I showed letter of employment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I’m also I similar situation. Please confirm if you were able to travel
You'll need special authorization or prof that you have a job in Canada along with your job offer, employer contact information, etc. If allowed to board you need your own quarantine plan.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
You'll need special authorization or prof that you have a job in Canada along with your job offer, employer contact information, etc. If allowed to board you need your own quarantine plan.
What if owp holder is accompanying spouse which already has study permit, as per cic website accompanying spouse and dependents do not require authorisation letter but they must show why they are coming like getting spouse settled in canada

Plz guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if owp holder is accompanying spouse which already has study permit, as per cic website accompanying spouse and dependents do not require authorisation letter but they must show why they are coming like getting spouse settled in canada

Plz guide
Yes if you are all travelling to Canada you should be able to travel.