+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa explanation

SheryKhan

Jan 23, 2022
Hi All,

A question regarding a spouse visa for my wife...

Background: I am currently living in Germany (Studies --> Job). Recently, I got married and my wife is waiting for her spouse visa for Germany.

Current: I and my wife both of us decided to start our new life in Canada instead of Germany, so I was applying for jobs and getting very good responses until now.

Question: If I got a job offer from Canada (Not discussing LMIA or other Stuff) does this also include my spouse for a visa or does my spouse have to apply separately?

(These open or close permits include a spouse or after getting this work permit I have to go to Canada and then my wife can apply for a spouse visa)

Can anyone explain how this will work in my case, as we are willing to start our lives together in Canada!!

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

A question regarding a spouse visa for my wife...

Background: I am currently living in Germany (Studies --> Job). Recently, I got married and my wife is waiting for her spouse visa for Germany.

Current: I and my wife both of us decided to start our new life in Canada instead of Germany, so I was applying for jobs and getting very good responses until now.

Question: If I got a job offer from Canada (Not discussing LMIA or other Stuff) does this also include my spouse for a visa or does my spouse have to apply separately?

(These open or close permits include a spouse or after getting this work permit I have to go to Canada and then my wife can apply for a spouse visa)

Can anyone explain how this will work in my case, as we are willing to start our lives together in Canada!!

Thanks
Assuming that you secure a NOC A, B or 0 skill level job (along with approved LMIA, etc.), your spouse will qualify to apply for an Open Work Permit. This is a separate application. You can submit the OWP application with your closed work permit application, however it is a separate / stand-alone application. Your closed work permit application does not by default include your spouse or issue any sort of visa for your spouse.

SheryKhan

Jan 23, 2022
Assuming that you secure a NOC A, B or 0 skill level job (along with approved LMIA, etc.), your spouse will qualify to apply for an Open Work Permit. This is a separate application. You can submit the OWP application with your closed work permit application, however, it is a separate / stand-alone application. Your closed work permit application does not by default include your spouse or issue any sort of visa for your spouse.

Ok Now putting Scenario 2:

If I got a job with LMIA in skill B (I went to Canada on a work permit or before going there), Then I make an express entry profile (with 50 additional points for the job) Also, declaring my spouse in express entry profile with IELTS and ECA all done! and got inducted in the next FSW draw (assuming in July).

Q: The ITA I will get include my spouse as well? Do we both get the Visa at the same time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok Now putting Scenario 2:

If I got a job with LMIA in skill B (I went to Canada on a work permit or before going there), Then I make an express entry profile (with 50 additional points for the job) Also, declaring my spouse in express entry profile with IELTS and ECA all done! and got inducted in the next FSW draw (assuming in July).

Q: The ITA I will get include my spouse as well? Do we both get the Visa at the same time?
You can chose whether you include your spouse as accompanying or non-accompanying in the EE application. So yes, you can both get the PR visa at the same time.

Ragazzo

Aug 9, 2018
i have same question like if i get work permit on approved lmia then my wife and son can apply for work permit? Is this possible? Or i have to get pr first?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i have same question like if i get work permit on approved lmia then my wife and son can apply for work permit? Is this possible? Or i have to get pr first?
If you occupation is NOC A, B or 0, then your wife can apply for a work permit. Your son cannot apply for a work permit.

Ragazzo

Aug 9, 2018
If you occupation is NOC A, B or 0, then your wife can apply for a work permit. Your son cannot apply for a work permit.
If i get noc type c work permit then she can get any visa ? My son is small kid. Or when applying for pr can i apply pr for them also? Or i have to frst get pr then i can bring them?