+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa chances if am going on study visa??

think4success

May 23, 2014
Hello To All,

I have previously studied in Canada in Bachelor of Computing Science from 2008 to 2010. Due to some personal reasons i left my degree after two years and came back to India but i gained my diploma by completing required courses for the Diploma in Computing Science. I also did not apply for Post-Graduation work permit. So now i am only 12 Courses away from completing my Bachelors of Science : Major in Computing Science. My university is Vancouver Island University. I want to continue my bachelor and my university has offered and given me admission / Acceptance Letter without IELTS. I want to start in Jan, 2015 session. So, i would probably have 4 years gap till then. Below are my quries:

1. Is 4 years gap a problem? What are my chances of getting study visa again with such long gap?
2. Under which category should i apply, i mean, SPP or General?
3. I got married last year in July, 2013. I want to take my wife with me. What are the chances getting her visa if i am the main applicant under study visa?
4. Can we both apply for visa together? if yes, then should i show separate funds to support my wife's application?
5. As i have got admission without IELTS, do i still need IELTS for study visa application or not?
6. Any other information or suggestion you would like to give to me is really welcome.

Please reply asap because i have to start for visa process asap.

Thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

think4success said:
Hello To All,

I have previously studied in Canada in Bachelor of Computing Science from 2008 to 2010. Due to some personal reasons i left my degree after two years and came back to India but i gained my diploma by completing required courses for the Diploma in Computing Science. I also did not apply for Post-Graduation work permit. So now i am only 12 Courses away from completing my Bachelors of Science : Major in Computing Science. My university is Vancouver Island University. I want to continue my bachelor and my university has offered and given me admission / Acceptance Letter without IELTS. I want to start in Jan, 2015 session. So, i would probably have 4 years gap till then. Below are my quries:

1. Is 4 years gap a problem? What are my chances of getting study visa again with such long gap?
2. Under which category should i apply, i mean, SPP or General?
3. I got married last year in July, 2013. I want to take my wife with me. What are the chances getting her visa if i am the main applicant under study visa?
4. Can we both apply for visa together? if yes, then should i show separate funds to support my wife's application?
5. As i have got admission without IELTS, do i still need IELTS for study visa application or not?
6. Any other information or suggestion you would like to give to me is really welcome.

Please reply asap because i have to start for visa process asap.

Thanks

2. VIU comes under SPP as well. Your choice.
4. You must apply separately but can send both applications in one package.
5. Strongly recommended.