+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa after not accompanying

Aman Batra

Full Member
Nov 5, 2017
Hi All,
I am confused that if apply with spouse not accompanying at the time of applying for pr in express antry pool and get my pr after some time then after how long it would be possible to take my wife to canada on pr/dependent/visitor visa As early as possible?


Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
The non-accompanying spouse can apply for visitor visa on their own. But since you are a PR, it is less likely to be approved.

You can sponsor them for PR immediately after you move to Canada. But, the application takes 6-12 months and you must remain in Canada during processing.