+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa advise

sta

Jul 6, 2011
Hi
I am on PR status. I am planning to marry in next month. My fiancee is living in pak, I heard that the rules for spouse visa are going to be changed. Now they will issue a conditional spouse visa and you have to live 2 years with your spouse then you would be able to apply for PR.
My question is what options i have as the current processing time is 36 months and what if i apply for visit visa first and after his arrival i file the immigration. Or i have no choice and should file the immigration under the category of Spouse living outside Canada and just wait?

Please advise me as i am new to canada and do not have enough information.

Mahi

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
As a PR with a spousal application in progress, you can not be out of the Country, except for a week or 2 at a time. Only Canadian Citizens can sponsor their spouses from abroad. The rules are changing but not sure if they are inforced as of yet. the new changes will require that you remain together for 2 years if you don't they can withdraw his PR status. thats from the time he lands, it does not include processing his application. you can try to get a visitor's visa but they are very hard to get once you apply for a PR visa. also if you file in-land for him he won't be able to leave Canada during the process if he does he will be denied the PR visa. so if he does get here and you file you will have to apply for an extension for him and if that is denied he must leave or it becomes a deportation order.