+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse TRV rejected 4 times. Shall I apply student visa?

Frankpilot

Dec 17, 2014
Hi, I'm doing pilot training and gonna complete my course by end of 2015 sept and also my student visa by the same month. I got married 2013 July. I Try to applied visa for my wife three times with in five month But her trv got rejected. Again I was try to applied TRV on 2014 oct but got rejected. Reason for 1st 2times Becz of
A) travel history
B) you ties in Canada and your country of residence
C) insufficient fund and provide sufficient documents.
D) not provided sufficient documentation provide to host income/assets.

4th time
reason for rejection.
A) length of purposed stay
B) purpose of visit
C) your current employment situation
D) your personal assets n financial status.

Actually she working as software developer in India last two years and B.E comp.science holder. When I applied last time we showed FD more than $25000 CAD for just 1month stay. Unfortunately we got rejected.

Now I'm decided to apply for student visa. Is that work out now?
Any body have any suggestion?

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi frankpilot

Myself maddy,suffering from same situation..everything same...4 times rejected!!

Now planning to apply student visa..

We seriously need some expert advise ..

Ziad S.

Dec 12, 2014
Hi there,

I'm not an expert in this matter, but from the reasons I can read above looks like you are not providing enough evidence to convince the visa officer to accept your application.
need to make sure that you or your spouse can provide a strong evidence of the following:

- employment letter showing, employment income, employment duration...etc.
- good income for at least the past 6 months.
- you cant say im going to take care of my spouse and you don't have enough funds, or good income. Which means your spouse in this case will have to take care of herself
- also, make sure you provide all documents required.

I suggest you look for an immigration consultation before attempting to apply again as this might not be good, after being rejected for 4 times.

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Frankpilot,

I second Ziad, but here some more details

Firstly you are on Student Visa, that means you are not earning,So if you are inviting, then the invitee has to bear all the travel,food & accommodation expenses.

Secondly, Probably you have requested for longer duration of stay with no sufficient evidence of how you are going to support.

Thirdly , your spouse's duration of work and related income from her salary- Its good that you have shown FD of $25000 CAD equl., But can a person earn $25000 CAD equl.with 2 years of work. ?

Fourth: What is the duration of FD, I mean from when FD account was opened ?

Fifth:Did your spouse provided any letter from her company for the duration of her absence

Did your provided any documentation on her property or even if its in your name ?

Finally did you provide any evidence of your marriage as part of your application, reason being that you got married in July 2013 which is not too long from the CIC perspective.

So applying for a student visa may not help you either as your spouse application has been tagged 4 times by CIC. Its better you consult an Immigration Attorney and focus more on the documentation part. Hope this helps you

Frankpilot

Dec 17, 2014
I appreciate every ones reply.

When I applied first time I made two mistakes
1. I missed to file 1st page bank statement of my wife.
2. I requested visa for until my visa valid(12month).

2nd time I went to consultant(Canadian) to reapply. As per his guidance we requested a detailed report from CIC for the reason of rejection. We clearly mentioned and submitted all the documents as per the visa officer expected. This time I requested only one month period of stay and with account statement, FD, leave letter, marriage certificate and pic. But rejected Becz of
A)Travel history
B)Families ties
C)Not satisfied you leave Canada at end of ur stay.
D)Insufficient documents.

3rd applied online with the same documents but changed lawyer n auditor to prepare documents in India.
Actually I applied three times with in 5month.

I dint reapply for 9month.
4th time I went to other consultancy(icc). Submitted with all the documents. That's with
My school letter, my bank balance in canadian bank($12500), my part time work documents.
My wife leave letter(1month leave granted), original copy of bank letter( $4000 balance), FD- $21000 ( FD is a marriage gift from her parent it's been in bank from the day we got married. 3yrs IT return, pay slip, bank statement, property worth $300,000 and with affidavit from her parents side. Included with a detailed report from auditor. Also last her ten years of eduction n workbackground. Its about more than 150 papers explained very detailed with proof. But i got rejection letter within five days of submission of application.

Reason as I mentioned earlier my very first post.

When I applied fourth time I had confident that she will get visa for sure. That's how we prepared the documents and immigration consultant did the best and took more care to prepare documents since she already got three times rejection. It's a nightmare. Consultant don't have answer for rejection. They had very good success rate and helped few of my friends.

I heard few of my friend friends circle, around four guys r in same situation and trouble. They are struggling to bring spouse to Canada.
This is My toughtest situation in life. Frustrated :(

But still I would like to try once as a student. Any suggestion pls?

Thanks to zaid.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best you finish your studies, get a good job and apply for PR. Then you can seek to sponsor your wife. If you keep re sending applications frequently, chances are they will get rejected. Give a buffer period, finish your studies, get a job, apply for PR then sponsor your wife. I think the major reason they are rejected is because you are on a student visa. Bringing your wife over shows the intent to stay for an extended period.

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
I appreciate every ones reply.

When I applied first time I made two mistakes
1. I missed to file 1st page bank statement of my wife.
2. I requested visa for until my visa valid(12month).

2nd time I went to consultant(Canadian) to reapply. As per his guidance we requested a detailed report from CIC for the reason of rejection. We clearly mentioned and submitted all the documents as per the visa officer expected. This time I requested only one month period of stay and with account statement, FD, leave letter, marriage certificate and pic. But rejected Becz of
A)Travel history
B)Families ties
C)Not satisfied you leave Canada at end of ur stay.
D)Insufficient documents.

3rd applied online with the same documents but changed lawyer n auditor to prepare documents in India.
Actually I applied three times with in 5month.

I dint reapply for 9month.
4th time I went to other consultancy(icc). Submitted with all the documents. That's with
My school letter, my bank balance in canadian bank($12500), my part time work documents.
My wife leave letter(1month leave granted), original copy of bank letter( $4000 balance), FD- $21000 ( FD is a marriage gift from her parent it's been in bank from the day we got married. 3yrs IT return, pay slip, bank statement, property worth $300,000 and with affidavit from her parents side. Included with a detailed report from auditor. Also last her ten years of eduction n workbackground. Its about more than 150 papers explained very detailed with proof. But i got rejection letter within five days of submission of application.

Reason as I mentioned earlier my very first post.

When I applied fourth time I had confident that she will get visa for sure. That's how we prepared the documents and immigration consultant did the best and took more care to prepare documents since she already got three times rejection. It's a nightmare. Consultant don't have answer for rejection. They had very good success rate and helped few of my friends.

I heard few of my friend friends circle, around four guys r in same situation and trouble. They are struggling to bring spouse to Canada.
This is My toughtest situation in life. Frustrated :(

But still I would like to try once as a student. Any suggestion pls?

Thanks to zaid.
Hi @Frankpilot

i am now in same situation like you in 2020 with four refusals for my spouse, could you please suggest how did you overcome this situation, i need an advise desperately pls advise , thanks in advance .