+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse TRV refused today ...What to do next

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
Hi friends

Today is a big sad day for me :( :( :( ??? , I applied TRV for my wife on 21th November and today got refused letter stating two reasons 1. The purpose of visit 2. Family ties in Canada and country of resident .Officer did not do justice to us my wife had strongly planned to go back India after spending holidays .

I submitted following supporting documents with application -

Applicants' documents -

1. Educational certificates (General nursing 3 years + +2 )
2. Employment letter and leave letter from hospital
3. Bank documents
4. C.a report of property
5. Explanation letter and purpose of visit in which we mention her 30 days holiday starting from 25 dec to 25 Jan + on 23rd January we have the plan to celebrate our first marriage anniversary

documents from my side -

1. Copy of Work permit ( NOC B Welder )
2. 4 pay stubs
3. Letter from current employer
4. Invitation letter
5. Bank letter
6. C.A reports of property

My wife is also eligible for Open Work Permit. I had planning to apply O.W.P but I did mistake I think. We also have got ITA in express entry and going to submit the application for permanent residency next week.

Guys, please suggest me what should I do now. I am planning to apply O.W.P in coming days as she meets the eligibility.We are not ready to stay apart more.

Looking forward to hear from you all .

Thanx to everyone

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Really sorry to hear your wife was refused. Don't lose hope.... she will come to Canada (on a TRV, SOWP or PR). It's just a matter of time.

She was refused because you are in Canada + her purpose of visit was not compelling (at least not to a visa officer). IMO, she should have submitted some additional evidence and explanations.

Let us know which visa you plan to apply for so that we can advise

Cheers