+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

Livanshaqwan

Mar 23, 2019
hello if there is anyone with any information we really would appreciate it because it’s been such a long wait for us
I am currently in Canada/Vancouver and applied for my husband in Iraq/Kurdistan last year on May.5.2018 but it was returned to me because I forgot to add my passport and citizenship I returned it ASAP on July.5.2018 and around November-December my husband had to do police certificate and medical exams... after a week or two we got an email saying that our application was forwarded to a visa office in Bucharest and there was nothing until around January-February we got an email about pre arrivel and what should we do when my husband arrives in Canada but since then we haven’t gotten anything please someone help us out we don’t know what’s going on and why it’s taking so long it’s almost 11 months thank you....

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
hello if there is anyone with any information we really would appreciate it because it’s been such a long wait for us
I am currently in Canada/Vancouver and applied for my husband in Iraq/Kurdistan last year on May.5.2018 but it was returned to me because I forgot to add my passport and citizenship I returned it ASAP on July.5.2018 and around November-December my husband had to do police certificate and medical exams... after a week or two we got an email saying that our application was forwarded to a visa office in Bucharest and there was nothing until around January-February we got an email about pre arrivel and what should we do when my husband arrives in Canada but since then we haven’t gotten anything please someone help us out we don’t know what’s going on and why it’s taking so long it’s almost 11 months thank you....
Nobody on this forum can give you definitive answers to why your application is taking awhile. The timeline for spousal sponsorship is clearly stated to take around 12 months. There are many people who wait even 14-15 months. Each application is unique, each visa office is unique.