+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi,

i recently got married with my LDR fiancee who is a Canadian citizen. He will be sponsoring me to come over to there through spouse sponsorship. However recently he got retrench from his job. So, currently he is under Ontario Work support for a month.

My question is, will our PR application get rejected if we submit when he is still on the Ontario work support? Also, if he gets a job next month, how long do we need to wait to submit the PR application for spouse sponsorship so show that we can support me there?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

i recently got married with my LDR fiancee who is a Canadian citizen. He will be sponsoring me to come over to there through spouse sponsorship. However recently he got retrench from his job. So, currently he is under Ontario Work support for a month.

My question is, will our PR application get rejected if we submit when he is still on the Ontario work support? Also, if he gets a job next month, how long do we need to wait to submit the PR application for spouse sponsorship so show that we can support me there?
Yes - the application will be refused if he is on Ontario Works when the application is submitted. One of the requirements to sponsor is that you cannot be on social assistance. He cannot be on Ontario Works when the application is submitted or at any time during the application process. I would wait 2-3 months to submit the application after he has gotten a job and stopped taking OW to make sure this change is recorded in the system.

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Yes - the application will be refused if he is on Ontario Works when the application is submitted. One of the requirements to sponsor is that you cannot be on social assistance. He cannot be on Ontario Works when the application is submitted or at any time during the application process. I would wait 2-3 months to submit the application after he has gotten a job and stopped taking OW to make sure this change is recorded in the system.
Thanks for the reply, it was very helpfull