+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

sam406

Jan 14, 2018
Hello,
I live in the US and have an approved CoPR and Visa for Canada. But, when I applied, I submitted my application as a non-married (single) applicant. But, now I am planning on getting narried here in the US in next few months and my fiancee is a US citizen.

After getting married, can I travel to Canada with my spouse before my CoPR dealdine and then sponsor her from within Canada? Or I have to let Canada know about adding her to my application, before getting my PR and do the landing in Canada?

Any help on this questions will be truly appreciated.

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,
I live in the US and have an approved CoPR and Visa for Canada. But, when I applied, I submitted my application as a non-married (single) applicant. But, now I am planning on getting narried here in the US in next few months and my fiancee is a US citizen.

After getting married, can I travel to Canada with my spouse before my CoPR dealdine and then sponsor her from within Canada? Or I have to let Canada know about adding her to my application, before getting my PR and do the landing in Canada?

Any help on this questions will be truly appreciated.

Thank you!
You absolutely MUST add her to your application if you marry her before landing as a Permanent Resident. This is not open to debate.

Reactions: RaginiMoundekar