+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse SponsorShip

mrfall

Jul 20, 2015
Hello Everybody,
I have Special Case Really I need help. My brother Immigrate to Canada With his wife and his son all of them had PR, so the landed on 2008. through this years they have 2 daughters and they are citizen. The problem is
my brother's PR card and his son Expired on 2013 and he didn't renew their for him and his son but his wife renewed and they decided to return back to Canada one lawyer Said his wife can't do family sponsorship because he already had Pr card expired. The questions, His wife can sponsor him and his son or no. I hope any one can help me on this case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she can sponsor them if she is currently on track to meet her residency requirement. If she is not she must wait until she has met her RO or that will trigger her revocation as well. They will have to renounce their PR before starting the new sponsorship. How long has the wife been in Canada. Did she stay over 6 months with each birth? What province are they in?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
They Live only 3 months in the past 5 years
How long had your bother' s wife lived in Canada in the last 5 years?
Unless she met her own RO, otherwise, I think the lawyer is right about that she cannot sponsor your brother and his son.

mrfall

Jul 20, 2015
She live now in Alberta. I am not sure about RO but If she doesn't meet the RO what can happened. Also, the Lawyer said she can't sponsor not because of RO but because my Brother Already has status as permanent resident but he can't renew it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She live now in Alberta. I am not sure about RO but If she doesn't meet the RO what can happened. Also, the Lawyer said she can't sponsor not because of RO but because my Brother Already has status as permanent resident but he can't renew it.
See my previous post. It is important that you find out how long she has been in Canada over the past 5 years.