+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

kumar5

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Hi i am m permanent residentof canada . Now i am married so my wife wants apply on spouse visa. we are from india. as per current timeline processing time is 16 month for spouse visa so its a really long time.

I have couple question in my mind regards to spouse visa and visitor visa...

1) can my wife apply as a visitor visa after immediately applying as a spouse .
2) do i need to apply in Canada with all my documents and my wife's documents or we can apply to
New Delhi-visa office of india. Which one would be better and faster
3)Right now i am also doing study though i am a PR so am planning to not to work for just 3 or4 months
so does this matter with my wifes application as a spouse visa.

Awaiting for a helping reply.

Pls suggest what shall be done

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kumar5 said:
Hi i am m permanent residentof canada . Now i am married so my wife wants apply on spouse visa. we are from india. as per current timeline processing time is 16 month for spouse visa so its a really long time.

2) do i need to apply in Canada with all my documents and my wife's documents or we can apply to
3)Right now i am also doing study though i am a PR so am planning to not to work for just 3 or4 months

1) She should apply for a visitor visa before you submit your PR, as it is very difficult if not impossible to get a visitor visa from India once you have a PR in process.

2) All outland applications, no matter where in the world you are applying from, must be sent Mississauga. CIC then determines which VO your application will be processed in. Because you are a PR and not a citizen you have to be in Canada to apply.

3) It's alright if you aren't working. All you need to do is show how you will support yourselves once she lands as a PR. You can show how your degree will get you a job, for instance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kumar5 said:

1 - Yes she can certainly apply. However with a Canadian PR spouse there is a high chance any TRV will be rejected unless she can show significant ties to home country that would convince CIC she will return after TRV expires.
2 - You always submit the outland PR app to CPC-Mississauga. Once they finish sponsor approval, the app is then forwarded on to New Delhi office by CIC.
3 - Since you are a PR you of course must be residing in Canada to submit the application, and during the entire processing. So as long as your school is in Canada, you should be fine.