Spouse Sponsorship withdrawal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is my biggest question being married she did that, well that she has done but later will she be count as corrupt citizen while again apply spouse for another man?
This is Canada, so of course she won't be branded a "corrupt citizen", whatever that means.

So basically she has to give me a divorce and then live with him for a year? but she already has child with him i dont think she has to do that and second application will be much easier as it will be blood relationship.

but i guess she cannot do all this until she is legally gets separated from me right? even she has child belongs to another man?
Either she divorces you, marries the other guy right away and sponsors him or she doesn't divorce you, lives with him for a year and then sponsors him. There is no formal legal separation process in Canada; the relationship is over and you are now separated.

You need to withdraw the sponsorship app.

Aug 21, 2019
She
This is Canada, so of course she won't be branded a "corrupt citizen", whatever that means.

Either she divorces you, marries the other guy right away and sponsors him or she doesn't divorce you, lives with him for a year and then sponsors him. There is no formal legal separation process in Canada; the relationship is over and you are now separated.

You need to withdraw the sponsorship app.
Thanks for the reply again

she send in inquiry for withdrawal and said cic will take its own time for withdrawal was in true? as i can still my application in process.

if there is no activity in my application will it be withdrawal by it self after completing one year of processing and would be effect my new application

im planning to withdrawal my application very soon

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So basically she has to give me a divorce and then live with him for a year? but she already has child with him i dont think she has to do that and second application will be much easier as it will be blood relationship.

but i guess she cannot do all this until she is legally gets separated from me right? even she has child belongs to another man?
one thing will happen most likely in that case.

Given that she will try another sponsorship (even if the first one was now cancelled), most likely that case will get much more scrutiny (it is not just for people trying to find a suitable person to use for spousal sponsorship, it is also for sponsors doing chain of such sponsorships).

Of course same will be true for his application in the future. It will be checked in more details.

Aug 21, 2019
one thing will happen most likely in that case.

Given that she will try another sponsorship (even if the first one was now cancelled), most likely that case will get much more scrutiny (it is not just for people trying to find a suitable person to use for spousal sponsorship, it is also for sponsors doing chain of such sponsorships).

Of course same will be true for his application in the future. It will be checked in more details.
what would you suggest? withdrawal the application by itself or i should do it on my own? she told me she already withdrawal but i can still see its under process

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what would you suggest? withdrawal the application by itself or i should do it on my own? she told me she already withdrawal but i can still see its under process
1. check GCMS notes, they will tell you exactly what happened until recently (if she has actually requested withdrawal or not). Status in your GCI account is not always accurate.
2. in any case if you are really in process of spousal separation leading to divorce, it would not be wise to use it, even if she did forget to inform CIC or did not do it a proper way. Doing so might put you in problems even later (your history will be trackable to her and if she will claim new common law overlapping period of your spousal sponsorship, there will be a problem).
3. Once that one is done (be the withdrawal process initiated from her side or from yours), you can apply using different stream (for example express entry if you have enough points).

Anyway this attempt to immigrate, because you were married so long and because it was spousal sponsorship, will have no impact on chances getting any future visas (you wanted to rejoin your legal spouse and not just to leave and immigrate in a different country). But of course you can count with more scrutiny on your any future immigration to Canada. But as long as you have nothing to hide, no problem there.

Aug 21, 2019
1. check GCMS notes, they will tell you exactly what happened until recently (if she has actually requested withdrawal or not). Status in your GCI account is not always accurate.
2. in any case if you are really in process of spousal separation leading to divorce, it would not be wise to use it, even if she did forget to inform CIC or did not do it a proper way. Doing so might put you in problems even later (your history will be trackable to her and if she will claim new common law overlapping period of your spousal sponsorship, there will be a problem).
3. Once that one is done (be the withdrawal process initiated from her side or from yours), you can apply using different stream (for example express entry if you have enough points).

Anyway this attempt to immigrate, because you were married so long and because it was spousal sponsorship, will have no impact on chances getting any future visas (you wanted to rejoin your legal spouse and not just to leave and immigrate in a different country). But of course you can count with more scrutiny on your any future immigration to Canada. But as long as you have nothing to hide, no problem there.
Really Appreciate your great response.

we are almost heading to divorce but nothing has started yet so i feel like let this application withdrawal itself. in future either we are separate legally or still married i still dont want to live with her and will try to get to canada by myself, i have nothing to hide and i believe in honesty.

so finally im waiting for her side to give me divorce as she started all this, shall i wait for the application to get cancel itself if i didnt get divorce? will she can do anything against of my new application if we still married but application closed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Really Appreciate your great response.

we are almost heading to divorce but nothing has started yet so i feel like let this application withdrawal itself. in future either we are separate legally or still married i still dont want to live with her and will try to get to canada by myself, i have nothing to hide and i believe in honesty.

so finally im waiting for her side to give me divorce as she started all this, shall i wait for the application to get cancel itself if i didnt get divorce? will she can do anything against of my new application if we still married but application closed?
Your marriage is over. You are already considered legally separated. Withdraw the app.