+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship with no job and no Notice of Assessment

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have seen so many threads in this forum answering so many questions about spousal sponsorship but i am not able to get a clear picture of it.

I landed in Canada in November 2019. I was here for a month , got my PR card and went back to India in December and got married. Came back to Canada in march first week , i started to look for jobs but because of Covid-19 in a lock down right now. I do not have a job right now and when i was going through all the messages in the group i understood that if there is no job then we can submit notice of assessment but i do not have notice of assessment as i was here only for a month in 2019 and i did not work during that time. I also read that we need to submit our job history during the last 5 years but i was a student for 3 years and worked as an intern for one and half year. so cannot submit that as a proof. Another option i read that i can explain why i am not able to submit notice of assessment and explain my complete profile in the letter of explanation.

As i have learned that my options are limited to apply on my own i thought of taking a lawyer's help but they said that they would charge 3000$ as their fees excluding the cost for the application. It is quite expensive for me.

Can anyone suggest what do i need to do right now..? Do i need to wait until i get a job and then apply for the sponsorship or can i start the application now and update my profile when i get a job..

Apologies for the long post..

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
You dont have to have job to sponsor your wife although it may have helped if you had one. Just explain your situation and send the application. In the worst case they may ask how you are going to support your family.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I have seen so many threads in this forum answering so many questions about spousal sponsorship but i am not able to get a clear picture of it.

I landed in Canada in November 2019. I was here for a month , got my PR card and went back to India in December and got married. Came back to Canada in march first week , i started to look for jobs but because of Covid-19 in a lock down right now. I do not have a job right now and when i was going through all the messages in the group i understood that if there is no job then we can submit notice of assessment but i do not have notice of assessment as i was here only for a month in 2019 and i did not work during that time. I also read that we need to submit our job history during the last 5 years but i was a student for 3 years and worked as an intern for one and half year. so cannot submit that as a proof. Another option i read that i can explain why i am not able to submit notice of assessment and explain my complete profile in the letter of explanation.

As i have learned that my options are limited to apply on my own i thought of taking a lawyer's help but they said that they would charge 3000$ as their fees excluding the cost for the application. It is quite expensive for me.

Can anyone suggest what do i need to do right now..? Do i need to wait until i get a job and then apply for the sponsorship or can i start the application now and update my profile when i get a job..

Apologies for the long post..
You don't need a lawyer. You need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare. If you have no job, you need to show savings, family assistance, income potential etc.

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
Do i need to writ
You don't need a lawyer. You need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare. If you have no job, you need to show savings, family assistance, income potential etc.
Thank you for the reply.. how can i show income potential..?? Can i say that once i get a job in my field i can earn so and so money ..?

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
You dont have to have job to sponsor your wife although it may have helped if you had one. Just explain your situation and send the application. In the worst case they may ask how you are going to support your family.
Thank you for the reply ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do i need to writ

Thank you for the reply.. how can i show income potential..?? Can i say that once i get a job in my field i can earn so and so money ..?
You need a bit more of a concrete plan since a job in your field may take years. You need to show how you will be able to secure a job that will support your family.

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
You need a bit more of a concrete plan since a job in your field may take years. You need to show how you will be able to secure a job that will support your family.
Thank you for the reply.. i will wait till i get a job and submit my payslips with my application just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again.