+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship: "we need additional documents" and Traveling

Jason92

Oct 12, 2017
Hello,

We submitted spouse sponsorship for my wife (I am Canadian) on April 27th, and we've been getting "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." but we never got a message or mail from CIC. Couple weeks later, we got the OWP, so we assumed there were no problems, but this message is still appearing. Are there any way to figure out if this is an error or actual action required?

Also, my wife has OWP now, and we need to visit Korea for 2-3 weeks in end of January. Is it okay for her to travel outside Canada? This visit is quite important and we would not like to miss it, but at the same time, we don't want the PR process to be in danger.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Jason

MiaMartin333

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
File Transfer...
30-06-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
10-05-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-11-2017
Hello,

We submitted spouse sponsorship for my wife (I am Canadian) on April 27th, and we've been getting "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." but we never got a message or mail from CIC. Couple weeks later, we got the OWP, so we assumed there were no problems, but this message is still appearing. Are there any way to figure out if this is an error or actual action required?

Also, my wife has OWP now, and we need to visit Korea for 2-3 weeks in end of January. Is it okay for her to travel outside Canada? This visit is quite important and we would not like to miss it, but at the same time, we don't want the PR process to be in danger.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Jason
The best thing to do is to email your VO directly. I have had that same message on my gckey account for the past two months, and was infomed by my VO that it was a glitch in the system as they are currently processing my application, do not need anything from me at this point, and will always email me directly if they do need something. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jason92

Jason92

Oct 12, 2017
The best thing to do is to email your VO directly. I have had that same message on my gckey account for the past two months, and was infomed by my VO that it was a glitch in the system as they are currently processing my application, do not need anything from me at this point, and will always email me directly if they do need something. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your tip!
Is there any way to get in contact with visa office via phone? or do I need to email?

Again, thank you very much!

MiaMartin333

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
File Transfer...
30-06-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
10-05-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-11-2017
Thank you very much for your tip!
Is there any way to get in contact with visa office via phone? or do I need to email?

Again, thank you very much!
I emailed them as my VO (Vienna) is known for never picking up their phone :-D But I would do both and see where you get a response, it doesn't hurt.

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
I emailed them as my VO (Vienna) is known for never picking up their phone :-D But I would do both and see where you get a response, it doesn't hurt.
I have the same situation, the message is from July 2017. I sent them 2 different requests to clarify if they need anything from us, one was direct email and another one was through Webform. Both requests are ignored. The message is still there....very frustrating.

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Jason
To answer the second part of your question: your partner will need a visa (if her old one isn't still valid). And even so, in case she's refused entry (could just be a very very slight chance though since the application is well underway and she has OWP), the inland application will become invalid, as far as I know. If you're able to arrange proof as to why this visit is important, maybe you can send it to your VO in the same email and they might just expedite processing of your application. Inland applicants who traveled outside and made it back in safely would have some valuable advice, but you might have to create another thread so that that part of the question it's not missed.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
How could I go about getting the VO's email address? Or is it the generic VO "contact us" address? I am dealing with the Hong Kong VO.

MiaMartin333

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
File Transfer...
30-06-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
10-05-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-11-2017
How could I go about getting the VO's email address? Or is it the generic VO "contact us" address? I am dealing with the Hong Kong VO.
You have all the VOs listed on the official Immigration Canada website, and theit respective emails will be listed there. It will be the generic "contact us" email, as that is the only one that they provide. Good luck!

Reactions: huey9

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
You have all the VOs listed on the official Immigration Canada website, and theit respective emails will be listed there. It will be the generic "contact us" email, as that is the only one that they provide. Good luck!
Thanks MM!

Reactions: MiaMartin333