+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship: Use of Representative form

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
Hi All,

I searched for an answer for my question around the forum here, but I couldn't find it. My question is actually related to spousal sponsorship application. In particular, the use of representative form.

It is mentioned in the checklist that:
"If the sponsor will receive correspondence or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant, the applicant must complete their own Use of Representative form listing the sponsor as their representative."

A note in the checklist also says: "The sponsor and the principal applicant can sign the same form if they are using the same representative."

The Use of Representative form can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf

Filling the "Use of Representative" form was fine until the signatures sections, where three signatures could be put there:
1- Signature of representative
2- Signature of Applicant
3- Signature of spouse or common-law partner
for sponsorship application.

Now if my spouse (the principal applicant) is listing me (the sponsor) as a representative, then should I (the sponsor) sign the third signature above or not?

I would highly appreciate anyone's help, who has gone through this before and have experience in filling such forms.

All the best,
Mohamed

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Its not mandatory you appoint a representative......however, If you’ve authorized a representative to act on your behalf, IRCC will send all correspondence about the application to your representative.

if the sponsor is your representative......yes.....the sponsor should sign as spouse and representative.

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
Its not mandatory you appoint a representative......however, If you’ve authorized a representative to act on your behalf, IRCC will send all correspondence about the application to your representative.

if the sponsor is your representative......yes.....the sponsor should sign as spouse and representative.
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I hope that you have done this yourself or know someone who have without facing any problems.

Thanks!
Mohamed

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
I understand, but we (the principal applicant and the sponsor) would like to have all the correspondence to be with the sponsor. Therefore, the principal applicant must fill the use of representative form listing the sponsor as a representative. My question is related to the 3rd signature above: should the sponsor sign it although he is also the representative.

Thanks!
Mohamed

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yes....

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Does anyone know if we need to submit use of representative form .Me and my wife are filling out the forms ourselfs but crosschecking and I dont have another paid represetnative.is it mandatory to submit this form,if we are doing it ourself?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
its not mandatory to appoint a representative or fill the use of representative form.......you only fill the form if the applicant is appointing a representative or appointing the sponsor as a representative.

Authorized representatives

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi All,

I searched for an answer for my question around the forum here, but I couldn't find it. My question is actually related to spousal sponsorship application. In particular, the use of representative form.

It is mentioned in the checklist that:
"If the sponsor will receive correspondence or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant, the applicant must complete their own Use of Representative form listing the sponsor as their representative."

A note in the checklist also says: "The sponsor and the principal applicant can sign the same form if they are using the same representative."

The Use of Representative form can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf

Filling the "Use of Representative" form was fine until the signatures sections, where three signatures could be put there:

Now if my spouse (the principal applicant) is listing me (the sponsor) as a representative, then should I (the sponsor) sign the third signature above or not?

I would highly appreciate anyone's help, who has gone through this before and have experience in filling such forms.

All the best,
Mohamed
Hi MohamedWalid,

I am sponsor for my spouse's sponsorship application. I am in same situation like you so can you please confirm with your experience if it works for you to sign point 1 as a representative and sign for point 3

Your reposes will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
n. I am in same situation like you so can you please confirm with your experience if it works for you to sign point 1 as a representative and sign for point 3
The sponsor is not required to sign the representative nor required to fill in the application - the draw back of this situation is all the information and details have to uploaded by the principal applicant. ( I did the same got AOR)

If the sponsor chooses to be the representative of the PA, they need to sign wherever necessary and fill the use of representative form - Advantage , can contact IRCC on application status and use your credential to create account and upload the file online

If i am wrong , feel free to wait for other to reply .

Reactions: 1996kaur

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The sponsor is not required to sign the representative nor required to fill in the application - the draw back of this situation is all the information and details have to uploaded by the principal applicant. ( I did the same got AOR)

If the sponsor chooses to be the representative of the PA, they need to sign wherever necessary and fill the use of representative form - Advantage , can contact IRCC on application status and use your credential to create account and upload the file online

If i am wrong , feel free to wait for other to reply .
If I understand what you wrote, I agree: sponsor does not HAVE to be the representative, but it is quite convenient and useful.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
If I understand what you wrote, I agree: sponsor does not HAVE to be the representative, but it is quite convenient and useful.
Yes that's true agreeing with @armoured , that's what i meant in my reply

Reactions: armoured