+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP TIME LINE!

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
It is shocking that the assessment of sponsor now takes 68days as against 30 days that it was two months ago. Can this time line on the internet be a way of scaring people? Also, i do not agree with the time it is taking them to process applications for spouses as too much time spent apart is not good for new couples.

Can people share their experience please.

asnake

Oct 2, 2011
it will be good for me because I I have been searching for a years to find a sponsor. do you know a person who give me a chance?

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
It is shocking that the assessment of sponsor now takes 68days as against 30 days that it was two months ago. Can this time line on the internet be a way of scaring people? Also, i do not agree with the time it is taking them to process applications for spouses as too much time spent apart is not good for new couples.

Can people share their experience please.

Yes it is taking that long for the sponsor to be approved. The time away sucks but it is something that has to be done in order to be spsonsored to Canada. They do have to do all the research and investigations about the relationships being genuine, and the background checks on the applicant that they are not letting in people who are terrorists or criminals....it sucks I know, been there done that but unfortunately it has to be done. What country are you applying through???

it will be good for me because I I have been searching for a years to find a sponsor. do you know a person who give me a chance?

What kind of sponsorship are you looking for. Just finding someone to sponsor you for PR will NOT be accepted. If you have specialized skills, then you can apply on your own merits. You have to prove that you are in a genuine relationship in order to come to Canada as a spouse, its not just a matter of someone sponsoring you.....asking here for what you have is a bad idea because there are a lot of people who have done things the right way, and still have to wait years for their loved ones to be reunited with them!!!!!

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
I have friends applying and I can see that Manila office,Austria and London appears to be fast offices. Why should assessment take 68days?

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
fernendez said:
I have friends applying and I can see that Manila office,Austria and London appears to be fast offices. Why should assessment take 68days?
It might be taking so long for sponsorship approval because of the number of applicants being received. Perhaps there have been cutbacks (we do have an election coming up and I thought I heard each department in governments were told to make cutbacks) and it appears countries in the middle east are now being processed in Ottawa which may be causing some delays.

Hope this helps.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the timeline might have increased because of the canada post strike where there were mail delays, summer vacations and reduce staff so that could be why the time increase although normally from what i read it decreases but this yr we dont seem to see a decrease now or anytime soon but we can only hope

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
The election here is for provincial government, they have nothing to do with immigration. There has likely been a huge increase in applications because of all the conflict in the middle east, people trying harder now to get family members here. Manila, Austria and London offices do not even get the files until after CPC-M does the sponsorship approval. You can not compare the times from those offices to the 68 days.

I agree with Ked, postal delay did cause the times to go up and it has been increasing ever since, people being on vacation and waiting till the fall to file, as well as the people working there taking vacations thru the summer is likely the biggest factors in it all. You will likely see it come down once again!!

georgiab

Oct 2, 2011
I just received a letter last week telling me they need the $490 Right of Landed fees before October 18th, does this means my husband willbe getting his visa soon, I submitted his appliction in April this year,his appliction was forwarded to the Havana office and started processing on May 29, any answers? please, thanks.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
That is usually the last step before issuing the visa. Make sure if you can to fax a copy of the receipt to Mississauga and then also to Havana. It may delay the processing of up 2 to 3 months after paying for the fee...that's why its always suggested to pay everything up front.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Georgiab,that is good news. Congrats in advance because that letter shows they are ready to approve the application tentatively. I will advised you pay it ASAP and send them proofs.

I agree with everyone that summer holidays must have contributed to these delays. Hopefully,things will change soon.

georgiab

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks everyone for your responses, i actually payed the $490 the very next day i received the letter telling me to do so, i faxed the reciept to Missiauga that same day and faxed a copy to the Havana office, i hope it doesn`t take much longer, thanks everyone :) :)

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Not just that..I filed my sponsor papers on June 22, the whole papers were returned yesterday for photograph issue. Agree it may be a mistake, but I call up today and they say that they have not filed anything and that I will have to wait until they pick up the october papers :'(

Is this normal? I mean I cannot do anything much but to wait.. but just wanted to know if this was the process before

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cubesd said:
Not just that..I filed my sponsor papers on June 22, the whole papers were returned yesterday for photograph issue. Agree it may be a mistake, but I call up today and they say that they have not filed anything and that I will have to wait until they pick up the october papers :'(

Is this normal? I mean I cannot do anything much but to wait.. but just wanted to know if this was the process before
why dont u take new pictures and resubmit you should have received an UCI# and a IO to return your package to so just retake photos and ship them right back to the rep that handled your file

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Kedeisha said:
why dont u take new pictures and resubmit you should have received an UCI# and a IO to return your package to so just retake photos and ship them right back to the rep that handled your file
Yup that is what I am waiting for (pics from my wife) will be submitting sometime next week. I did receive the return package label what is the UCI#?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cubesd said:
Yup that is what I am waiting for (pics from my wife) will be submitting sometime next week. I did receive the return package label what is the UCI#?
You should have a # and info of where to resend package never mind that wait for october package another person and many others who have package returned gets info of where to send back so they do not start the waiting process all over