Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hi,

I recently applied to sponsor my spouse but my submission was returned for two reasons:

1) I had incorrectly filled IMM5406 (forgot to type NOT APPLICABLE where needed).
2) Schedule A (IMM5569) was not signed.

It's with this second item that I have questions. The form at the very last page, under the Signature section says "I agree that by typing my name I am electronically signing my application". That's exactly what I did (typed the name of my spouse). Do they want us to instead of typing the name just manually sign it after printing the document?

On the other hand, along with the returned documents, I don't see the OWP paperwork. Is it safe to assume that the OWP application is being processed and was not deemed invalid?

Finally, when sending back these documents, do I need to pay a reprocessing fee or something like that? I already paid everything in full.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
From my little understanding the 5669 you type in your name then after printing the form you sign manually inside the same space in the box provided beside your name , but please explain more on the 5404

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I recently applied to sponsor my spouse but my submission was returned for two reasons:

1) I had incorrectly filled IMM5406 (forgot to type NOT APPLICABLE where needed).

It's with this second item that I have questions. The form at the very last page, under the Signature section says "I agree that by typing my name I am electronically signing my application". That's exactly what I did (typed the name of my spouse). Do they want us to instead of typing the name just manually sign it after printing the document?

On the other hand, along with the returned documents, I don't see the OWP paperwork. Is it safe to assume that the OWP application is being processed and was not deemed invalid?

Finally, when sending back these documents, do I need to pay a reprocessing fee or something like that? I already paid everything in full.
The OWP is not being processed if your sponsorship application was returned. IRCC will only start processing the OWP once you resubmit the complete application package.

Do you still have valid status in Canada?

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
The OWP is not being processed if your sponsorship application was returned. IRCC will only start processing the OWP once you resubmit the complete application package.

Do you still have valid status in Canada?
Yes, my wife has valid status until May. Since the OWP paperwork was not returned to me, are you suggesting I need to reprint that paperwork and include it with my application?

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hello
Hi,

Hello, Sorry to hear your application was returned. Schedule A you need to type the principal applicants name in the signature box and date the form. Then print it and have the Principal applicant sign it.

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your advice. I'm clear now on how to fix the errors on the documents.
I now have two questions:

1) My OWP application documents were not returned to me. Should I reprint the paperwork for it and resubmit it or should I assume that the OWP application is being processed?

2) Do I need to pay a reprocessing fee when sending back my documents? I had previously paid for the entire process in full.

Thanks!

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
My
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your advice. I'm clear now on how to fix the errors on the documents.

1) My OWP application documents were not returned to me. Should I reprint the paperwork for it and resubmit it or should I assume that the OWP application is being processed?

2) Do I need to pay a reprocessing fee when sending back my documents? I had previously paid for the entire process in full.

Thanks!
My opinion is to reprint just to be on the safe side. You don't want them to send it back for not being complete if they forgot to include it when they shipped it. I have always heard that they send back the whole application. Also, I do not think you have to pay anything unless they tell you to; however, these are my opinions and I have no experience in this.

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
If they needed more money they would have requested it. Just correct what they asked for , and send in another copy of the owp application just to double safe . If they need more money they will email you.